Question

I have had a problem with my side by side fridge since June 22, 2013. The call was easy and the 1st repair person came out July 12th, 20 days lead time. My freezer was making noise. The repairperson was very nice, but said it was working and he could do nothing and that was that. July 17th we called again this time to say with the funny noise the food was defrosted and there was a puddle on the floor, repair came on July 29th. Again nice guy and the same story, I cannot fix it it does not seem to be broken. Called again Aug 3rd there was a part ordered and shipped…part arrive Aug. 7th and they came Aug. 22. This is a long time without being able to use your freezer and have no ice! Aug. 22 parts were replaced, 4 parts circuitboard control, control damper, evap motor and a socket. Total repair value $579. We were thrilled that we would have a working fridge. We put in for a food loss, which we could not do until something was repaired…it did not matter that we had lost the food. On September 27th this whole cycle started again. Oct. 11 we had repair back again…still the noise and the defrosting ice cream when he said there was no issue. Oct. 12th we called again to say there is still an issue. The folks on the phones are great, all of them. The appoint was for a new repair person and he came on Oct 23rd and replace a relay at the cost of $244.79. We called again on the 25th because on the 24th we had the same problem. The repair person is coming this afternoon. All we want for our extended warranty is a credit for $$$ for us to go get a new KENMORE side by side! We are almost 5 months into this and it is beyond frustrating! ALL the people have be so nice, someone just help us please!!!The Regan’s Waltham, MA

Answers

9 answers

1. Hi Sears Community,
    As I was complaining about the process, I would like to let everyone one know that it was resolved. Although the more than professional repairmen could not fix the problem, they helped with STAC folks and the Customer service moved us on to an other team for the repair protections DONNA, she was instrumental in getting us what we needed. They gave us a good credit and we will receive a NEW Kenmore French door refrigerator on Monday. 5 months was a long time, but I am quite happy with the results. Keep the faith in SEARS, my mother-in-law worked for them for 33yrs+. We will always be a Kenmore family! Bill & Mary Regan

2. Dear MaryCarolBill,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry for the multiple setbacks you have experienced with your refrigerator purchase, and apologize that multiple repairs have not been able to correct the problem with your freezer. We would like the opportunity to look into the repair history of your unit, and discuss some options we have to help moving forward. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (MaryCarolBill), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi Brian,
      I would prefer not to post my personal details here. Is there another option. The Refrigerator is not a new purchase. I have had it many years and keep paying for the extended warranty.

MaryCarolBill

2. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi MaryCarolBill! You can send an email to the address he posted above. That is a private email and your contact information will not be posted publicly.

Keep us posted!

3. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi Brian, I have sent you an email as requested. Also, yesterday the freezer stopped working again. I have called the repair and Benefits Administration and spoken to a wonderful woman named Donna...she needs some KUDO's! This whole process is very trying. Everyone has been very polite and tried to be helpful, nothing seems to resolve the issue of the freezer NOT being repairable. Hope between you and the lovely Donna we can be satisfied customers again very soon. We now have a case number. Email if you would like it. You have our home phone as well. MaryCarolBill

4. In response to SHC-BrianS

MaryCarolBill,

We do apologize, but after searching our records, we have not received your information at this time. At your earliest convenience, please re-forward your information to smadvisor@searshc.com. We thank your for your patience during this time and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Kurt M.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. Welcome, MaryCarolBill! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today. I am so sorry you are having such trouble with your fridge. I am going to send this along to the SearsCares team. They will be happy to discuss this with your further and will do what they can to assist.

A team member will be by in a bit requesting that you directly contact a case manager. I will let you know via email when the response is posted with a link back to this thread to ensure you see the post.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks, would you either call me at work or send me an e-mail at work. I'm a disabled vet and usually, when I get home at night, I crash and don't move again until the next morning.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

I'm sorry, I hit the wrong button. I apologize.