Question

I have had one of the worst customer service experiences of my life with Sears Repair Service! I had to wait for 3 weeks to get scheduled for a microwave repair, then the repairman never showed, no one called. I called 5 times that day and the customer support people could not help me. I rescheduled the appointment for 2 weeks later and then Sears rescheduled that appointment for another 3 weeks later. I cannot believe the Odyssey of this repair appointment. No one can tell me how appointments are rescheduled and prioritized. I have no faith that I will ever see a repairman. How does this happen?

Answers

7 answers

1. This is a follow-up on to my original post, for all of you millions who were worried about me and my issues:-)

I was assigned a "case manager," Robert, who ultimately resolved my issue. But during the resolution process, I still experienced another no-show repair visit and almost a second no-show that required me to call my case manager on the afternoon of the scheduled appointment day (scheduled BEFORE noon) day to ensure that I was on the route.

I should state that the repairmen who finally showed up were helpful and courteous and fixed my microwave. Also on the good side, Robert kindly sent me a Sears gift certificate as an apology for my troubles.

Overall, I think there is hope for you if you get assigned a case manager and if you actively manage the issue until it is resolved to your satisfaction. That does, however, not negate the very real problem that Sears has with customer service; a problem that is very, very deep.

1. In response to NKraut

Thanks so much for the update and constructive feedback, NKraut!

We really appreciate hearing both! Great to know you were taken care of and we love to hear ideas to give us ideas on how to improve.

Thanks again!

2. Dear NKraut,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with your microwave and are having difficulty receiving service for it. We certainly understand your frustration with calling our Customer Solutions group 5 times and not receiving assistance to help reschedule your service appointment. In addition, for you to wait three weeks for a service appointment and have our technician not show up is not acceptable. I certainly understand your feeling of never receiving service for your microwave. We would be happy to look into this situation further and offer our assistance to help get this issue resolved for you. We value your business very much and would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager who can help schedule you with a technician and follow the service until it is completed to your satisfaction. In addition, we'd appreciate the opportunity to address any other concerns you have with your microwave or with another Sears issue. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (NKraut) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-SusanR

Thank you. I have emailed my contact information and am hopeful!

• San Jose, CA

Is your microwave one of those LARGE over the counter/ oven hood units?

The small to medium sized counter microwaves are seldom Economical to Repair".

Once a Service tech comes to diagnose the problem with your microwave, parts may need to be ordered to effect a repair on the machine and hopefully the cost of the parts will be weighed against the cost of a new machine before the Service tech leaves their first diagnostic visit.

Good luck.

1. It is a built-in Bosch microwave. I already had a diagnostic visit. Because I was trying to work out some warranty issues, I wasn't able to immediately order the repair. This is where the confusion began. Once I worked out the warranty issues, I purchased from Sears the part that the Search tech recommended. I have it at the house and told all of the customer service agents that I had it.

Thank you.

3. Hi Nkraut! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry you are having such troubles getting your microwave repaired. The SearsCares team can help! Check back here in just a bit for a response from a team member shortly.

Thanks!