Question

I have Kenmore Elite refrigerator with the icemaker in the door that has stopped working. I have tried turning off and starting again, but the water does not seem to be flowing into the tray. I thought there was a way to reset it, but I cannot remember how to do it.

Answers

10 answers

1. I know it can be disappointing when the icemaker stops working. There are several different icemakers in the door and the complete model number of the refrigerator will be needed, to determine which icemaker this is. However, on some icemakers there is a water fill switch and if it's pressed and held for 3 seconds, it will start the icemaker into a cycle. If you would like to have a technician check this, you can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.

2. kstroupe1, Thank you for your question. A model number always helps but first check the ice maker mold for any ice. If the mold is empty you can use a turkey baster to add water to the molde. If it freezes and is havested then the water supply is likely the problem. No water to the mold can be caused by a bad water valve or a clogged inlet water tube. If you reply with a model number I may be able to offer further assistance with this problem.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

Model number 785.78752.800

Once I had the same issue, but found information on how to cycle the ice maker and it worked, unfortunately I can't find that info again. Thanks!

3. Hi kstroupe1!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Do you by chance know the model number to your Kenmore Elite? This may be helpful to our Experts in providing detailed information in regards to your ice maker.

Please know that once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I have the same problem. Water works in the door. Red light inside the freezer bye the ice maker switch is flashing. No water in the tray and arms in the tray are in the up position. I have unplugged the power to reset the refrigerator.

Kenmore Coldspot
      Model:106.56716500

How to I reset or recycle the ice maker?
      Is there there such a thing as recycle?

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi ther, Mike_Azar! Thanks for your question on your fridge today! I will pass this along to the Appliance Experts. I am sure he will have a suggestion or two!

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I was looking for help with 795.7875. The icemaker mold heat seems to not work. I was looking for likely cause before I dive in with VOM in hand. Suggestions?

thanks,
      Jay

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi Jay! I will pass this one along to the Expert to help. I am sure they can offer a suggestion or two on that ice maker.

I'll let you know once a response is posted.

Thanks!

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi jaynesbitt, the issue of the mold heater not working is to determine if the module works by self test. If the unit will cycle the rest is easy, you simply replace the icemaker because there are no internial pasrts available for it on the market. To test the icemasker press and hold the fill key for 3 seconds and the icemaker will cycle. This cycling indicates power and the rest is just replace the assembly. Here is a link for the icemaker:http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/AEQ36756901/0046/795&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=AEQ36756901 ....Hope this helps you out. Bill

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Bill,

Thank you.
      So my less than 4 year old icemaker (which has never worked as good as the Whirlpool models) needs to be replaced @$131.12 + service Call.
      Thanks for the help. I'm gonna grab my VOM anyway.
      I also bought a gas stove for aux heat when the power goes out and when it did the stove wouldn't light. Thanks Sears!

See More