Question

I have LT 3000 lawn tractor 2011 model with 21hp 48″ cut .will not start , battery is good starter try’s to engage but acts like it will not overcome compression. But I can spin motor by hand,so it’s not locked up. I expected more from Sears as my last mower lasted 15 years

Answers

2 answers

1. Firechip,
    I am sorry to hear you are having a problem with the tractor. If the starter cannot turn the engine over, I recommend removing the spark plug. Once it is removed turn the engine over by hand. If the engine turns over just fine the problem is likely the valve adjustment. If the valves are not adjusted correctly, the compression release will not work. When this happens, the starter will not have enough power to turn the engine over. When adjusting the valves set them at 0.004. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    Thank you Mark.

2. Hi Firechip! Welcome to MySears! I am sure one of the Lawn and Garden Experts can help troubleshoot this problem for you. Check back soon for a reply from them with a few tips.