Question

I have nightmare mattress issue, cannot get any help from Sears customer service. Sealy says I have valid issue, but that Sears has to handle it, not them. I’m getting nowhere and my husband is sleeping on the couch and I’m sleeping with the kids. We have bought every appliance, tv and lawn and auto stuff we ever needed from Sears and now I feel like we are getting the shaft. Help?!

bought Sealy mattress on 9-1-12, was delivered 9-8-12. Mattress very lumpy, has huge dip in middle of king size mattress that you can fall in and not roll out of. Called Sears on 10-7-12 to exchange mattress under their “sleep on it for 30 days comfort guarantee” and was told I was 7 days past the 30 days because they started counting on the purchase date of 9-1-12. How was I supposed to evaluate a mattress that was not even in my house for the first 8 days? I pointed this out to customer service and they said, “Well, for your purchase the guarantee was for 21 days.” They actually put that in writing. This is not what they advertise or what their internet site says. I just want to exchange the mattress for an upgraded one. I realize they are probably going to charge me a restocking fee, I just don’t want to lose my entire $1500. If they are not going to try to help me, I am going to purchase a Stearns & Foster top of the line from someone else and then I am going to tell everyone I can possibly reach.

Answers

3 answers

1. AngieMelson, we are sorry for the troubles you have experienced with your mattress purchase. We would like to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (AngieMelson), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – Thanks, Liz R. My Sears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi AngieMelson! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear you are having such trouble returning your mattress. Let's see if the SearsCares team can help with this. Check back right here in a bit for a reply-they will do what they can to assist.

• San Jose, CA

Did the Sears store that sold you the mattress offer to help with a swap-out?

See More