Question

I have owned my Kenmore elite side by side refridgerator for about 2 years. We have a sears protection plan. In the last 6 months I have had numerous problems with the ice dispenser. We have had the motor replace 3 times, a front cover replaced 2 time, the electric board replaced, and now the main board has been ordered. Would this deem my fridge a lemon? I’m in California and I believe there is a lemon law in addition to the sears protection warranty lemon law. Can some one help me out. I’m super disappointed even more so now because we cannot use our water dispenser. This is causing me to spend more money on my grocery bill since we don’t have any other source for filtered water.

Kenmore elite side by side 5478

Answers

5 answers

1. Vericanluv,

We are very sorry to learn of the multiple repairs you have gone through with your ice dispenser. I know it is most difficult without the convenience of ice within the home. We apologize for any additional stress this has caused for you and your family. We would like to look into this further and discuss the options available to you.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name, Vericanluv, you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to ZenaidaM-2

Please help me out!!! I emailed the address you supplied above but no one has contacted me!!! I'm extremely frustrated because since my original question I have had 2 more techs come to install parts....but leave with re ordering SAME PARTS!!!! I still have no ICE OR WATER!!! And when I call customer service I'm being told that only the tech can deem my fridge a LEMON!?!?! I asked the tech about this before he left and the Tech (Val )giggled and said they don't do that!!! Ughhhh. Needless to say I'm beyond disappointment! Please what can I do??

2. Hi Vericanluv! Sorry to hear you have had such troubles with your almost new fridge! We can have a SearsCares team member speak to you about your fridge. Check back soon on this thread for a reply. They will do what they can to help.

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Please help me out!!! I emailed the address you supplied above but no one has contacted me!!! I'm extremely frustrated because since my original question I have had 2 more techs come to install parts....but leave with re ordering SAME PARTS!!!! I still have no ICE OR WATER!!! And when I call customer service I'm being told that only the tech can deem my fridge a LEMON!?!?! I asked the tech about this before he left and the Tech (Val )giggled and said they don't do that!!! Ughhhh. Needless to say I'm beyond disappointment! Please what can I do??

3. Please, what is the full model number of your refrigerator? The model number will start with 3 digits followed by a period or a dash, eg 796. or 796-