Question

I have purchased a mattress on sears.com on 10-31-12 and I have still not received it. I have called many times to many places and cannot get any answers when I asked to speak to a supervisor I was put on hold for 120 minutes then disconnected. The online chat, the customer servie, and the case manager have all been of no help locating the mattress What is next?

• 10-31-12 Received confirmation email from Sears for my king size mattress order with order number
• 11-01-12 Received email saying order was shipped, but when I got online I could not find where I submitted order or track shipment.
• 11-02-12 Shipping company gave me courtesy call on 11-02-12 saying they would call when they received the package to make sure I am home so they can deliver it.
• 11-05-12 Called shipping company in my area they said they have not received the mattress
• 11-08-12 Called shipping company in my area they have not received the mattress
• 11-12-12 Called Sear’s customer service they could not tell me where the mattress was they will forward the request to the fulfillment center and I will get an email 24-48 hours.
• 11-12-12 Chat conversation online from Sears.com, no help said someone would contact me in 5-7 days.
• 11-12-12 Found that it was charged to my Sears account on 11-01-12. From online receipt: Called Sears.com 800-349-4358. Was told that the item was sold by Sear’s from an Independent carrier in North Carolina
• 11-13-12 Called shipping company in my area they have no information on it, they cannot see any movement.
• 11-13-12 Called Kathy at Restonic in NC She says once it leaves their manufacturing plant Home Direct is responsible for it. She says it is in route.
• 11-13-12 Called Home Direct website does not show it has even been picked up
• 11-13-12 Called Cargo Consolidation Sales (828) 459-3166 local distributor in Conover, NC left message for Robin.
• 11-13-12 Called Mattress Co. in NC back, Kathy. She says that if it has a way bill # then it has shipped.
• 11-13-12 Saw online where other customers have had same problem at sears.pissedconsumers.com. Emailed smadvisor@searshc.com ;and emailed Imran@customerservice.sears.com
• 11-15-12 (delivery date) Received email from Douglas M. (kmedhi) Sears Customer Care
• webcenter@customerservice.sears.com 1-800-366-3028, sears media support saying that sears fulfillment will contact me in 5-7 business days.
• 11-15-13 Checked Home Direct website to track order, it shows no movement it has not even been picked up yet.
• 11-15-12 Emailed with no response
• 11-15-12 Called Sear’s at 1-800-549-4505 to get charge taken off of credit card or find mattress. I asked to talk to her supervisor to get it taken off my credit card, was placed on hold for over 120 min, then disconnected.
• 11-15-12 called home direct again they are in Chicago, Illinios they have not received the mattress from the vendor in NC and are not able to help me in any way until they received the mattress.
• 11-15-12 Called Kathy at Jackson Mattress they have taken it to Cargo Consolidation in Conover NC. She called Home direct and talked to Nina she was supposed to call me, but did not. Called Cargo Consolidation 828-459-3165, Talked to Teresa they have the mattress but they will not ship it until Home direct emails the waybill# to Town Air and Town Air send them the way bill#. I gave them the way bill# but that is not good enough they have to get it from Home direct. Email address is agent492@homedirectusa.com. I restated to her so you have the waybill# and you know where it is supposed to go but you will not send it she said yes that’s correct.
• 11-15-12 Called Home Direct again talked to Nina explained everything that Cargo told me. She said she would email them to schedule a pick up and would call me back with an estimated time of arrival.
• 11-15-12 Emailed Home Direct at customerservice@homedirectusa.com:
• 11-15-12 Went online to onlineaccount.com to dispute charge for mattress.
• 11-16-12 Called professional logistics in Memphis. He could see where it was shipped from NC at 5 PM on 11-15-12, but that is all, he will call me when he gets it.

• 11-20-12 Called professional logistics, said it shows no different than on the 16th; they have not received it.

• 11-20-12 Rcvd email from Sears social media: Dear Mrs. ****,We apologize for the difficulties you have encountered. A case manager has been assigned to address your concerns and we will contact you by the end of business on 11/20/12. Thank you,Tina **** Sears & Kmart Social Media Team Email: SMSupport@searshc.com Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00PM (CST) Saturday/Sunday – 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (CST)

• 11-20-12 Rcvd call from case manager but all he could tell me was I had a delivery date of 12-05-12 and he would follow it until then and see if I received it. I asked many questions but he could not answer any of them all he could say was I’m sorry I will follow your case.

• 11-22-12 Rcvd email from Sears.com: Dear Sears Customer, Thank you for shopping at Sears.com!
• Our shipper homedirect is waiting for your phone call to schedule your delivery if you could please give them a phone call to set up a delivery date. (800)611-6302

• 11-26-12 Called Home Direct at 9:30 AM talked to Bruce he looked and saw that it has not moved since 11-15-12 in NC. He said he would look into it and call me back or email me.

• 11-26-12 Called Cargo Industries they would not even talk to me they said I would have to call
• Home Direct to get any information on this.

• 11-26-12 Emailed customerservice@homedirectusa.com inquiring about mattress.
• 11-27-12 Checked Home Direct Online, now it says order has only been placed, not in transit, not even picked up any more. The pick up agency in NC has changed from Cargo Consolidation to ALL AMERICAN RELOCATION,(704)927-1725
• 11-27-12 Called Home Direct again talked to Demetria, asked to speak to supervisor. Natalie, answered said she was a manager and she would look into this and call me back today. I explained to her that Nina has told me twice she would call me back and Bruce told me yesterday that he would call me back.

• 11-27-12 Called Sear’s at 1-800-549-4505 asked to speak to a supervisor; they would not let me. She was going to get information from me to connect me to case manager, which is who called me on 11-20-12 but all he was going to do was monitor the order until 12-05-12.

• 11-27-12 Sent letter to Sears Holding CEO to hopefully get some resolution on this issue and make him aware of how customers are being treated.

Answers

20 answers

1. Today is 12-06-12 and I have still not received my mattress that I ordered on 10-31-12. I have made numerous phone calls, emails, and even opened a case with the BBB. Sears has made no attempt to help me get the mattress that I ordered from them.

• San Jose, CA

I LIKE flowery words, like; Amaryllis, Anthurium, Aster, Azalea, Begonia, Bird of Paradise, Calla Lilly, Camellia, Carnation, Chrysanthemum, Ceineraria, Columbine, Daffodil, Dahlia, Daisy, Foxglove, Fuchsia, Gaillardia, Geranium, Gerbera Daisy, Gladiolus, Gloxinia, Hibiscus, Hyacinth, Hydrangea, Iris, Kale, Lily, Lupine, Magnolia, Marigold, Nasturtium, Orchid, Pansy, Peony, Petunia, Poinsettia, Poppy, Primrose, Rhododendron, Rose, Salpiglossis,Snapdragon, Sunflower, Tulip, Water Lily, Zinnia.

After years of fighting them, I do NOT like the plant/ flower/ fruit named Black-berry.

I don't know enough about the Blackberry cell phone, to have a valid opinion.

Did I mention my wife's having an Ornamental Horticulture degree?

We met in college. I was the Engineering major.

How about me typing up her plant lists on her Landscape Designs?

Flowery language is Good.

So. Was the mattress ordered, after viewing one of the store displays?

Was the mattress ordered while visiting a store?

It seems to read as if some "outside" shipping companies are bouncing back information, while simultaneously missing the backboards, so to speak.

Hopefully, everything will eventually straighten out over there, what with the "storm" and all.

2. There are very specific rules to protect the consumer from these types of actions, the rules are within the cardholder agreement, between the bank and customer. Besides that BlueCrew, do you even know the MarketPlace rules? Cause I do!! Even in Sears own agreements with the vendors, a vendor can not do this. "Lead Time, also called Standard Order Prep Time (SOPT) should reflect the number of business days it takes you to ship your item. The number of days entered (maximum of 14) are used to determine the Expected Ship Date that displays when you receive an order. When a customer views your item the SOPT is used in conjunction with the shipping time to calculate the estimated days to arrive. This calculation is based on 5-7 days for a standard ground shipment to deliver, 2 days for Expedited (2Day Air) shipments, and 1 day for Premium (NDA) shipments.
    * Please remember that the calculation of days for shipping and lead time are business days, however the days presented to the customer on the product screen does take weekend into account so customers have an accurate picture of when their item may arrive." "The following return reasons will refund the item cost and shipping:

ARRIVED-TOO-LATE

DAMAGED-IN-SHIPMENT

DEFECTIVE-PRODUCT

NOT-AS-PICTURED-OR-DESCRIBED

PRODUCT-QUALITY-NOT-ACCEPTABLE

WRONG-ITEM-SHIPPED

WRONG-QUANTITY-SHIPPED"--------- I think the arrived too late would do it. BECAUSE IT WAS NEVER SHIPPED!

1. In response to ServiceLocally

To ServiceLocally The charging requirements I have referred to are not in the agreement between the card holder and the card issuer but in the 'Regulations' for Visa and the 'Rules' for Mastercard. Changing the subject, please, how did you get the paragraph breaks in you post?

2. In response to ServiceLocally

To Inquisitivemind,

No, I know what you were talking about, and you are correct. I was addressing BlueCrew. On my post that he was addressing my chargeback stance, I was just following through with why this is a chargeback item.

There is no wiggle room here on the MarketPlace item, the vendor must list a lead time (usually 1 to 3 days, max 14 days) plus the normal shipping 5 to 7 days.

A vendor can not just take the money and say I'll ship it whenever, it doesn't work that way.

I don't know what the paragraphs posted like that, I cut and pasted from Sears' vendor agreement, so maybe that is why.

Or maybe, did they fix it? We'll see on this post.

3. In response to ServiceLocally

Wow, I think it is fixed!!

4. In response to ServiceLocally

Marketplace vendors are "ship only," and thus follow a different set of guidelines. As I said, retailers like Sears and the credit-issuing banks and credit companies have agreements about when and how charges are applied. If the mattress was a Sears item, it follows the Sears guidelines. Only if it was purchased from a third party through the sears.com Marketplace would those other rules apply. Most mattresses purchased through sears.com are purchased from Sears, not from the Marketplace vendors. Therefore, the Marketplace rules are entirely irrelevant.

5. In response to ServiceLocally

Ah, just found the bit about it being some other mattress retailer. Yes, Marketplace rules do apply to the purchase.

6. In response to ServiceLocally

My bad re: the Marketplace/Sears distinction. Totally missed that. I'll accept your forthcoming apologies to the service representative for being out of line on their behalf. :)

7. In response to ServiceLocally

You truly have no idea about the Sears.com MarketPlace do you?

First of all things are not shipped all the time as you say they are. Sears can and does, ship third-party items through their own distribution network.

8. In response to ServiceLocally

The above was to BlueCrew. I'll repost

To BlueCrew.

You truly have no idea about the Sears.com MarketPlace do you?

First of all things are not shipped all the time as you say they are. Sears can and does ship third-party items through their own distribution network.

3. To BCGIMA - That is not my understanding. When I took up the subject with my card issuer I was informed that it applied to all merchants. However as we had not ordered anything from Sears for some time, largely because of this, we were informed there was no action they (the issuer) could take. Additionally, are you suggesting that Sears do not have to comply with the 'Laws of the Land' with respect to being offered a full refund should the originally scheduled delivery date not be met?

4. Card issuers have agreements with major retailers regarding when charges occur versus when merchandise ships or is received. This has been rehashed so many times, I'm surprised anybody who's been around as long as either of us would consider bringing it up. Suggesting that people pursue that avenue is a fruitless endeavor which will only lead to further frustration.

5. Is this order from the MarketPlace? If it is from the MarketPlace I'd cancel the order, the seller voided the contract by missing the delivery date. I'd follow through with the dispute and order somewhere else. After a charge takes place, the company only has so many days for delivery, unless you agreed to something else.

6. I agree!! As you can read above I already have a "case manager" and he was of no help except to say he would call me back on 12-05-12 to see if I got the mattress because that was when they "changed" the shipping date to! One month of the run around...

7. Dear dianabawcum,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are having receiving your mattress. I can certainly understand your frustation and concern regarding this situation. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we step into to a situation and handle it start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our customers, and we are sorry to see that we have fallen short of that mark in this instance. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience and see what can be done to turn things around.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mattress was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (dianabawcum) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,

Susan R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-SusanR

Never mind the flowery words just get the client her mattress, is it that hard?

2. In response to SHC-SusanR

Being insulting and rude to people who are doing their job the way they are required to do it doesn't help anybody.

3. In response to SHC-SusanR

They are not doing their job, unless their job is to chase customers away. A customer with a problem wants that problem fixed, not to be told why the store is wonderful and not at fault.

8. Hi dianabawcum! I am so sorry you have not received your ordered mattress. I can imagine this has been a very frustrating experience for you. Please check back on this thread shortly for a reply from the SearsCares team. They will do what they can to make sure you get your mattress.

See More