Question

I have to put the clothes through twice to dry. I think it’s the thermostat. Model # 87692100

Answers

3 answers

1. Hello wsgltd. A problem with the thermostat could prevent the dryer from working properly. Other problems could also prevent the clothes from dryering properly. Before you decide to replace any parts, I recommend that you perform some basic troubleshooting. I see that filmdork posted some advice about checking the vent. That is good advice. Exhaust air flow problems can prevent the clothes from drying properly. Make sure that you clean that lint screen when putting each load of clothes in the dryer. According to your model number (110.87692100) this appears to be a gas dryer. Make sure that you have an adequate gas supply provided to the dryer. If the burner lights properly when you start the dryer from a cold start condition but does not continue to ignite after that initial heat-up, then you could have weak gas valve coils. A service technician will normally need to repair that type of problem. You can call that number that filmdork posted to schedule service in that situation. The dryer will normally heat up to about 150 degrees and then cycle between 140 and 150 degrees on the high heat setting. If the dryer is heating at a significantly lower temperature than that then you could have a thermostat problem. I hope that this information helps. If you need more assistance, post additional details and we will try to assist you further.

2. Hi wsgltd,

Its great to have you in the MySears Community!

I understand how frustrating this can be when you have to keep checking your clothes to see if they are dry after running it more than once.

To help in aiding your dryer issue, I am going to have one of our Sears Experts see if they can help in resolving the problem of why the dryer is not heating up properly.

Check back shortly for a reply.

Thank you!

3. You may also want to check your vent. A lot of times if you have a build up of dryer lint it can cause you to have to dry longer periods of time. You can call 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4-myhome) to set up an appointment with repair.

See More