Question

I have two Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door openers (model #139.53677SRT1). Recently one of the remotes quit working and I assumed a dead battery. After changing the battery, I attempted to re-program the remote when it didn’t work. The instructions for re-programming didn’t work and I ended up resetting the codes altogether by pressing and holding the red SRT (learn) button. Now I can only get one remote to program correctly. I have three remotes and all worked fine at one time, but I cannot duplicate that. I have a keypad entry that will work and a Homelink system in one vehicle that will work, but only ONE remote will work at a time. And it doesn’t matter which one…I can program any one of them to work BUT only one will program at a time. I have tried following the written instructions that tell me to press and hold the remote button, then press the learn button to program…but that doesn’t work. I have tried pressing (and not holding) the learn button, then pressing (and not holding) the remote button, but that doesn’t work either. NOTHING works as it should. At this point, the aluminum bat in my garage seems to be the best alternative to try for a “fix”; however, I would prefer to avoid that step and get my system back to its original status…which is having three separate remotes, the keypad and the Homelink system all working correctly. Any advice?

Answers

2 answers

1. I'm sorry you are having this problem with the GDO. Based on the information listed, this would appear to be a defective logic board. The board # 41A5021-3G is available at SearsPartsDirect. The link to the board is, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/41A5021-3G/0009/139?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=41A5021-3G . If you would like to have a technician check this, you can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.

2. Hi there, paget2007! Thanks for visiting with your garage door inquiry today. You have come to the right place! A Garage Door Expert will be by in just a bit with a suggestion or two to help get this programmed correctly. As soon as he responds, I will be sure to send you an email to let you know.

Thanks!