Question

I hope SHC-FredM sees my question…… I have a Kitchenaid Dishwasher kuds30ixss, It will turn on, but does not stay set at the same cycle mode from the previous wash, it will let me choose the cycle I want, I press start and it starts to work, I hear it filling with water or something, then it makes a humming sound that lasts about one second, it does this four times, then starts to drain and then shut down. No matter what seting I use, it does the same thing. I also tried turning the breaker off to the dishwasher, hoping to reset the computer, but it continues to do the same thing. Do you think this is the computer control board that needs replacement? The part is 200$ and I don’t want to order it unless I feel like it is definitely the problem. I think it is more than two years old, I don’t remember for sure when we got it. I am hoping to do the repair myself. Thank you for any help or suggestions.

The part number I think I may need is W10380685 please let me know if you believe this is the correct replacement control board for the kuds30ixss kitchenaid dishwasher, thank you

Answers

6 answers

1. Thank you for the question. I understand the desire to not have to spend $200 repairing this problem so first we will check some things. My first suggestion is for you to enter and run a Rinse Only cycle if your unit has one. The Rinse only cycle should fill, wash for about 10 minutes then drain. It is a simple cycle with no water heat or sensing. Next time the unit shuts down check if the Clean LED is flashing. If the clean light is flashing it may indicate an error code. Error codes on this particular model are determined by how many times the light blinks. It may pause in the middle and blink again. If it blinks 5 times, pauses then blinks once then that would be a 5-1 code which would mean a door switch error. You should be able to select all cycles and options. If the selections change then you may have a stuck or shorted keypad. I hope this helps. There is also a diagnostic test you can try to run. To enter the test pres any 3 keypads in sequence 1,2,3 1,2,3 quickily. I hope this helps. You can reply below with any additional details for further assistance.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

Fred,
      Thank you very much for responding! I was able to try each suggestion, my dishwasher does not have a rinse only cycle, I did look for the light to blink when the machine stops, but it did not blink, I also tried the diagnostic test and no luck.
      Please let me know what you think, I appreciate any help.
      Thank You
      Andy

2. In response to SHC-FredM

Fred,
      After another try I got it to go into diagnostic mode, it is currently going through the motions, there were lots of blinking lights and now it seems to be checking the rest of the cycle.

3. In response to SHC-FredM

OK, update here, I ran the diagnostic cycle several times. I'm not sure what to look for, it seems to cycle through several modes and the "clean light" blinks several times in each mode. Is there a list somewhere that describes the diagnostic blinks?

4. In response to SHC-FredM

AndyWaggoner: Based on your symptom and details, it sounds like the dishwasher is in DEMO mode or the dishwasher is signaling an error code.
      Running a diagnostic cycle and letting it complete the diagnostic test should take the unit out of the Demo mode if it's in a Demo mode. To start the diagnostic cycle: Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses using the same three keys. If the dishwasher continues operate the same after letting it complete the diagnostic test or if it does not complete the test, then I suspect the dishwasher has a faulty component. When it detects a failure, the Clean light will flash and then pause 2 seconds and flash again and then pause 5 seconds indicating the error code. If this is happening, I recommend calling a service technician to diagnose and repair your dishwasher.

2. Hi there, AndyWaggoner! Thanks so much for posting today on The MySears Community! I will absolutely send this along to Fred and the Expert team right now. I am sure he or one of this cohorts will be able to let you know the best route to go with your dishwasher.

Once he responds, I'll let you know via email to make certain you see the reply.

Thanks!