Question

I just called Sears Repair service to get an appointment for a washer repair. The washer is not working at all. Today is December 21, and the earliest appointment that they can give me is December 31, 10 days away. That is way too long to be without a washer. Is there any way to escalate this to a higher level to get service?

We have a Sears maintenance policy on this washer, and I would think that would allow us to get an appointment sooner than 10 days away.

Answers

9 answers

1. Did they help you out, or were you forced to wait until today? If they were unwilling to give you an earlier appointment, did anyone even show up today?

• San Jose, CA

You're RIGHT. They should have a flying vehicle, that can load special service packages, with EVERY conceivable part the scheduled machine being evaluated might POSSIBLY need at the ready, like the Thunderbirds puppet show.

They'll be "touching down" outside your home at 2 AM. Please be ready for their arrival and have a clear path from the nearest outside door and the location the machine is located, should the machine need air-lifting to the closest/ fastest repair facility.

Fast enough?

1. Wake up and at least try and live in the real world.
      The organisation that provides fast, reliable, efficient service will win out in the end.

2. cksteinhoff
    I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to hear on the delay for the repair of your washer. I can see how frustrating you must feel having to wait so long to have your washer repaired. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your (MySears) screen name (cksteinhoff) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank, you Liz R. My Sears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

• San Jose, CA

It's the weekend today and tomorrow, with a rather LARGE holiday coming up on Tuesday.

The date you HAVE for the repair visit is between the December Holiday and RIGHT BEFORE New Years day.

Seems like you got a very special appointment day on the 31st.

Maybe if you have some milk and cookies, a service person can come out ON a holiday?

We know of one kindly old elf who actually WORKS on Christmas eve AND into the Christmas morning!

Happy holidays.

1. The fact that there is a holiday could account for one day of the delay, but we are talking about making the customer wait 10 days for an initial repair appointment, and most likely longer at least twice that for the repair to be completed. This, to me, says that Sears does not care about the customer. The customer has already prepaid for service, via a maintenance agreement.These are commonly called protection plans, but all they really seem to protect is the company selling them.

If this was a customer that was not locked into Sears because of the plan, you know as well as I do that if they called for service and were told that they had to wait, they would call someone else. Sears has their money, and now does not deem it important to provide the service in a timely manner.

To blame the holidays for the systematic failure of Sears to provide the service that the customer paid for is disingenuous at best

3. Sears considers a 10 day wait to be acceptable service. If the technician does not show up (a good chance seeing as it is New Years Eve) you will then be forced to reschedule and go to the back of the line

When a technician does show, if parts are needed, they will have to be ordered, and shipped to your home. When they arrive, you have to store them and call (you guessed it) for another appointment, again waiting days or weeks.

Expect to take your laundry to a laundromat (I think the closest one would be Glen Burnie) until well into the new year.

1. In response to BigMike4511

Not only do they consider it 'acceptable' it is considerably shorter than their 10 business days "normally acceptable" limit.

4. Hi cksteinhoff! Thanks for posting your question on the MySears Community today! We can have a member of the SearsCares team reach out to you here. Check back soon for a reply. They will do what they can to assist.

See More