Question

I just had a Kenmore Refrigerator delivered and the cord is really short and likes about a foot to reach the plug what can I do

Please help this is awful…should I send it back

Answers

3 answers

1. I understand your concern about the power cord. The normal power cord on a fridge is 5 ft. If the cord on this fridge is shorter, I would recommend having a technician come out to install a new cord. If the unit is plugged into an extension cord, it could void the warranty. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

• San Jose, CA

What you need is a 3-wire appliance extension cord.

The cord is short and made of heavy gage wire.

At 3 to 6 feet long, there should be virtually no voltage drop from using an extension cord.

Don't forget to add a surge protector to your new fridge. It's got a computer motherboard to protect from power line surges.

2. Hi kathyjeanedwards,

Thank you for posting your concerns in the MySears Community. I can understand how frustrating and shocked it would be to find that the appliance cord does not reach the outlet!

If you can please call 1-800-4MY-HOME they would be more than happy to provide you with the correct information on how to resolve this issue.

Please keep us posted on your progress and reach out if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

See More