Question

I just purchased a women’s Schwinn Catalina cruiser. Is this bike made to the same quality specs as those bikes sold in bike shops or is it made differently?

I used it only once and it already has a flat tire. It came already assembled. Should it have been sold packaged or did I get a floor sample?

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

If you keep getting "flats" you may want to consider purchasing a pair of bike tires with a greater number of "plys" to the tire.

I did this with my Yard Tractor's trailer tires, going from the stock 2-ply tires to a 3rd party brand 6-ply set of trailer tires and the black-berry thorns have not causes a flat since the additional investment.

A bicycle repair shop can make the tire swap out and quite possibly carries the additional ply tires that will fit your bicycle.

Good luck.

1. Hi judytlu! I have heard back from the Fitness Team. The Schwinn Catalina cruiser that is sold through Sears is the same as in local bike stores. Schwinn makes bikes of many different styles and quality-some models that are sold at smaller bike shops may be at a more expensive price point that the Catalina Cruiser.

When you purchase a bike at your local store, they normally come assembled. Unlike any online bike purchase which will not be pre-assembled.

Hope that helps!

2. Hi judytlu! Thanks for posting your question today. I am looking into this for you. I'll be sure to post an update when I hear back from the Fitness and Sports team.

Check back soon!

See More