Question

I just self-cleaned (1/5/13) my electric, double-oven,Kenmore Elite (#790.98023801) Serial # NF94725625 purchased in 09 for the first time. Today (1/6/13) for dinner I wanted to use both ovens and the lower oven will not heat over 100 degrees. Then a red circle appears in the lower oven screen control. Did I do something wrong when I used the self-clean component? Do I need to call for a service call?

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello readtolearn. Your details indicate that the thermal circuit breaker for the lower oven has tripped. That internal thermal circuit breaker protects the lower oven from overheating. You could also have a problem with the electronic oven control board or other components in the range. I recommend that you have a service technician examine and repair the range. You can schedule service by calling Sears at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME).

2. Hi readtolearn! Thanks so much for posting the model number of your oven. I am sure one of the Appliance Experts who help on the site will have some advice on what you need to do to repair your oven. Check back soon for a reply. Thanks!

See More