Question

I lost about $300.00 worth of food because a bad Kenmore fridge, can I put a claim in for a refund?

so disappointed in sears, will not buy another appliance from sears again. had the Kenmore for less than 2 weeks, compressor went bad & we lost everything we had in the fridge, about $ 300.00 worth of food. Nothing available for delivery for another 10 to 15 days. how are we suppose to do without a fridge for that long, my husband is diabetic and his medication needs to be kept cold. What a bad experience.

Answers

11 answers

1. Pangel8075, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are truly sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your refrigerator purchase. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with having to wait an additional length of time for a replacement refrigerator. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (pangel8075), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

I missed a call on Sept 14th from Sear's Customer Care and I called back 3 times on the 14th and again on the 16th with my case number and call back information. I still have not heard back from anyone. You know, a simple phone call saying you are working on it would go a long way toward customer relations.

2. In response to SHC-LizR

Hi pangel8075! I will update your case manager to let her know. She will be in touch soon!

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-LizR

Dear Pangel8075,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are sorry for the difficulties you are currently experiencing as you try to reach your case manager. We have forwarded this new information to your case manager for attention. We thank you for your patience, and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Brian S.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi pangel8075,

We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule in letting us know of this issue. We would be happy to help in anyway that we can to get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. Having to go without a refrigerator for any length of time can play havoc on any household for it is one of our major necessities to meet the needs of our families.

I have reached out to our Sears Cares team to help you further. They will do what they can in helping to make this right for you. Once a response is provided I will be reaching out via email.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Always a fight! Now I'm trying to get the delivery fee refunded. I can't see having to pay this when the refrigerator caused so much trouble and was returned. I have a call into the store, but do not have much hope since the Appliance Manager couldn't even be bothered to pick up the phone to talk to me. I should not have to pay this charge!

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

The Appliance Manager "Katia" called me back. She is going to check with the store manager & get back with me tomorrow. Hopefully I will get the refund!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Keep us posted, pangel8075! Were you able to speak to someone on the SearsCares team who responded above? They are a great resource as well.

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Well the Appliance Mgr Katia never called me back and today I called again and left my name and number for her to call me back and never heard from her. What a fiasco. I should have known they would ignore me.

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thanks for the update, pangel8075! Sorry to hear you are still waiting to hear from someone. I did pass this along to the SearsCares team, who will respond shortly.

Thanks, again!

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Pangel5075,
      We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding your refrigerator. We have forwarded your post over to your case management team for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator