Question

I need someone from your delivery team to come back to my home and finish the installation of my washing machine.

It was delivered on Saturday 9/7/13 and the delivery man ran out of hoses to hook up the machine. He requested that we purchase a set of hoses and call and schedule him to come out yesterday to complete the installation. He called customer care to OK it. We were supposed to confirm after we purchased the hoses. We called customer care on Saturday and they refused to give us an appointment for Sunday. They said someone would call Sunday evening to set up the time for them to come today. No one called. We have called 3 times today and have been told that no one would be coming out and we would have to wait for a week. We asked to speak to a supervisor who was supposed to call us in 30 minutes. The call has not come in. Meanwhile, we have a newborn in our home and we need to do laundry. Waiting a week adds significant stress upon our family and we would appreciate having this taken care of today!

Answers

3 answers

1. Maof_1,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Care team. We are very sorry that our delivery team was unable to complete the installation of your washing machine on their first trip as well as the lack of support you received from our phone representatives. We'd like the opportunity to speak with you and address the issues on our end and of course make sure the situation is resolved to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Maof_1) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

• San Jose, CA

Are you talking about the hot and cold water hoses that are connected from a hose spigot to the appropriate location on the back of your new washer?

The rubber washers need to be installed in the female parts of the hoses.

But otherwise, the connection is not much more complicated to do than using a garden hose.

A pair of arc-joint pliers will get the connections nice and tight, to prevent leaking.

There is a drain hose that must be taken out of the back of the washer, where it is stored during shipping, and the end inserted into the drain pipe in your laundry room.

Make sure the machine is level and you're pretty much set up.

2. Hi Maof_1! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry that you have had such trouble getting this installed! The SearsCares team can follow up with this for you and make sure your washing machine is fully installed.

I will directly contact you once they respond to make sure you are connected.

See More