Question

I need to talk to someone who can help me with a washer we purchased a month ago that still does not work.

First, I was sold a bad product. Second, for two weeks we made several attempts at trying different techniques to get this to work. Third, I called to make an appt and had to wait two weeks. Fourth, technician comes and tells me its a part that goes out on these washers, it is a flaw. But, he is ordering the necessary part. To call and make an appt when the part comes. Fifth, I call three days later and they tell me the first appt is Nov. 4. Ask to speak to a supervisor and get put on hold for 20+ mins with no response. Sixth, I call back and I am livid. I want a supervisor. They tell me all the supervisors are in a meeting at 10am on a Friday. They will have one call me back. Seventh, no one calls me back. Eighth, The second tech comes out this Sat and the other tech ordered the wrong part. So, he re-ordered another one that should be here Tuesday. Then, we have to call and make another appt. Ninth, I call and want to speak to a supervisor. This is getting ridiculous. I was told she was getting her supervisor I wait 23 mins and hang up when no one comes back. Tenth, we have had to go do laundry else where for a month, now we are doing it again. I am a full-time student, employee, mother, etc. My husband and I really do not have time for any of this. Our young child had an accident at school we had no washer. This is just one huge inconvenience. We spent a lot of money on a washer! To not be able to use it at all for over a month is unacceptable. The customer service at the 800 number seems to be incompetent. The product is bad. The tech said this washer has this issue often, it is a flaw. The part is over $300. We have a lot of laundry and have to put our other plans aside b/c of laundry. Our child wears uniforms so we have to take the time each weekend to go pay to do it somewhere else. I have dealt with bad business. However, I have never not been able to talk to a supervisor. I can’t believe they think it is okay to make a customer wait this long. I absolutely can not believe this whole situation. Period. It is beyond bad business! I will do what I have to make this right. I have corporate numbers. I will write a certified letter if I have to. I will report this to BBB. I know my rights as a consumer, I will not stop until there is justice. I am a very nice person, however this has really made me angry. I am sure you can understand why if you stepped into my shoes. I look forward to hearing from someone ASAP so I do not have to take this further.

Answers

2 answers

1. Beth922,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We apologize for the troubles you have encountered with your washer. We certainly understand your frustrations with what has occurred with waiting to have your washer repaired. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, case#, screen name (Beth922), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com to ensure this matter is met to your satisfaction. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Beth922,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us in the MySears Community!

I am so sorry that you are experiencing disappointments with the service you have received in the attempts in getting your washer repaired properly.

Your concerns are important to us and I will be passing them along to our SearsCares team, our customer service escalation team. They will be happy to look into this for you and do what they can to assist in making this right for you.

One of our team members will respond to your post, once a response has posted, I will reach out to you via email to let you know so that you may provide contact information for which they will be requesting.

Thank you!

See More