Question

I never received my refund… what do I do!?

Here is a copy of the email I sent to shc@customerservice.sears.com After receiving the runaround for months, I don’t know what else to do!!
To whom it may concern,

Here is a breakdown of the events related to this order: On 6/15/13 I went to the Sears store at 1425 W Southern Ave in Mesa, AZ to buy a cordless swivel sweeper. The associate said the item would need to be ordered and that it would be delivered to my house. He placed the order (#517775761) for me and I paid the total of $77.17 at that time. By July 15th I still had not received the sweeper so I went back into the store to the merchandise pickup area to check on the order. I was told that the item had JUST been shipped and should arrive at my house within 7 days, so by the 22nd. I told the associate that that would be too late as I had ordered it to give as a gift and needed it the next day. As I now had to go find one in a local store I asked that the order be cancelled and requested a refund. The associate told me that as the item was ordered from e power buys and not directly from Sears, she could not cancel it but that I could bring it back to that store when I received the package. So, when I received the sweeper I took it to the Sears store where another associate told me that the Sears stores cannot accept returns from e power buys in the store and that I would have to return it by sending it back to them. She gave me the number for e power buys and I left the store with the sweeper. I then called e power buys and explained the situation thus far. The customer service associate was very rude on the phone and stated that I would have to pay to ship the item to them and that I would not be refunded for shipping fees. I explained that the item was delivered to me two weeks late and I had to purchase the item elsewhere but it did not change the outcome. So, I called Sears customer service and was referred to the Online Solutions Dept. I spoke with James in the Tucson office who was very nice and helpful. He instructed me to bring the sweeper to a UPS store where I could drop it off to be returned at no cost to me to e power buys. Then, when the item was received, I would be issued a check that would be sent to me. I asked about the original $16.25 postal shipping fee that I paid the day I ordered the item and he said that Sears would send me a $20 gift card to cover the cost of the shipping. I sent the package which shows that it was delivered back to e power buys on 8/2/13 (UPS tracking #iz8w2y019093607958). As of 9/19/13. I still have not received a refund or the gift card so I called the Online Solutions Dept again and was told that the issue has now gone on too long and that I need to contact Sears customer service via email. Thus, I have outlined the timeline of events in this email and I am respectfully requesting a refund. My Visa was charged $77.17 and ideally, I would like the entire amount refunded at this point. I have had to go to the Sears store twice since the original purchase (20 miles each way), plus a trip to the UPS store and time corresponding via phone and email with various customer service representatives. My family and I have been Sears customers for many years and have always enjoyed the stores and associates until this point. In my opinion, there is something seriously amiss with the system. Originally, I didn’t receive my item on time which I understand can happen sometimes. The follow up to that initial problem was what made the situation unacceptable. The associates in the merchandise pickup department at Sears were entirely unknowledgeable regarding the purchase/return procedures when dealing with e power buys, the associate at e power buys was incredibly rude and didn’t offer any solution to right their error, and while the Sears online solutions department was polite, it was frustrating to be strung along AGAIN and asked to write an email explaining the entire situation! I have never had to jump through so many hoops to return an item in my entire life! Just to be thorough, I have attached pdfs of the UPS tracking delivery confirmation, the original purchase paperwork and the receipt. Please advise as to how we may resolve this matter quickly. Also, I have moved and my address has changed since the original purchase. Thank you very much!

Answers

3 answers

1. diamond4K,

My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are sorry to see that you had such an unpleasant experience with your online marketplace order. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation assist you in addressing your concerns. Please send the following information – your current contact #, screen name (diamond4K), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Welcome, diamond4K! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today and giving us the opportunity to help you get your promised refund. I send this along to the SearsCares team, who will follow up here in a bit looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will let you know via email so we can get this taken care of for you quickly.

Thanks!

3. I forgot to mention that I sent the email on Sept 19th and never received a response.