Question

I ordered a mattress and box spring set. Sears delivered the mattress and one of the two box springs driver said this is a problem they have often and I should contact them and they will get the second out right away. 3 days later and more than 4 hours on the phone and website and I have been told that I need to order the second box spring ($110) and pay for a second delivery ($69.99). What does SET mean to you? The customer service people have done NOTHING to help me…. can you help? I feel Sears should do one of 3 things 1) deliver the second half of the split box spring set (queen bed); 2) deliver a suitable replacement; or 3) come get their merchandise back. All of these at no extra charge. I have already filed a protest with my Credit Card company….Sears wont be paid for this… all they are doing with the position they are taking is losing a longtime loyal customer.

help

Answers

7 answers

1. JohnHayward, My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a disappointing experience with your mattress order. It is frustrating enough to encounter any trouble with your order, much less to receive level of service when you contacted us. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (JohnHayward) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Social Media Moderator

2. Reason I said best advice would be visiting a Sears store is because some stores waive the delivery fee for mattresses. Sears.com does not.

And a consultative sales associate that deals with mattresses is usually more helpful and knowledgeable than a general online rep.

3. I've personally brought up the bed bundles for at least a year and a half, probably two years. Just in the last couple of months on this new site I've brought them up.

1. In response to ServiceLocally

I can vouch for that.
      The only thing missing this time is the hollow apology/excuse from Sears that they are "looking into it".

4. Hi JohnHayward! Thanks for posting this problem you had with your mattress order today. We can get you in touch with a SearsCares team member if you would like to discuss this with them a bit further. Check back on this thread shortly for a reply.

5. Best advice is to visit your local Sears store.
    Mattress associates are trained on how to properly order mattress items.

Anything labeled a set is actually a bundle of separately sold items. To make it easier for customers, Sears.com basically "bundles" individual items to call them a set, but due to the different requirements of each set, as inquisitive has pointed out, a few have slipped by not loading the correct amount of separate items needed to complete the actual set. In some cases, a bundle or set incorrectly listing/selling only 1 boxspring when quantity should actually auto-populate to 2.

1. In response to Civsci

In either case, you will likely receive a reply from a Sears Cares Representative to look into this matter for you on or around 12/26/12