Question

I ordered a set of tires on-line seven days ago. The site said they could be installed as early as the 16th. So I made an appointment for the 17th. Now the order status is saying they won’t be in until the 20th through the 22nd. Why was I allowed to order them and make an appointment if the tires were not available? What did they have to do-make the tires to order? It could be as long as two weeks from ordering before they are in the store. In the meantime, Sears has $560.00 of my money tied up.I sent an e-mail to customer care that has gone unanswered.

Answers

8 answers

1. I would have canceled this order and gotten a refund but I would have had to pay a restocking fee. So, I went to have the tires put on this morning. The salesperson asked if we would like to be called when the car was ready. We said yes and gave him my cell phone number. Well, the time passed that he said it should take get the car back so we went back to check on the car. The same saleperson said "I was just about to call ya'll". He had been to busy to call us. (He could have asked someone else to call us, because not every salesperson was busy when we got back.) When the invoice was printed, we saw that the car had been finished 40 minutes prior to our arriving to pick it up. Sears does not appreciate it's customers nor value their time. We had plenty to do elsewhere had we just known that the car was ready earlier. Where is the customer service before the sale and at the time of the sale?

1. In response to Savvyspender

On a scale of 0-10 (0= Low, 10= High) how would you rate Sears service over the course of this incident? Would you recommend their service to others? Will you use their services again? I would have fought that restocking fee with your card issuer citing the requirements available at the FTC website.

2. In response to Savvyspender

inquisitivemind-I would rate this a 1. I would not recommend their service to anyone. Spouse already said we weren't doing anymore business with Sears. I did the customer survey that was sent to me and said they could contact me regarding it. But, surprise, I have once again heard nothing from them. These chain stores care nothing about customers.

2. Savvyspender,

Please accept our apologies for the miscommunication on our part to contact you in regards to your order. We certainly understand the frustration you may have felt and are very sorry for any inconvenience you have encountered because of this. We would like to follow up with you to find a way to make this right.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (Savvyspender) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

3. I called Sears 800 number today. I was told by a woman half way around the world that my order had not shipped yet and I would be called by the store it was shipped to when it was received. Evidently she can only see the same order status screen that I can see. I asked for a refund and was then transfered to the automotive department. So, after being on the phone for a total of over 30 minutes, I was told that the tires have been at the store since the 13th. I received no e-mail saying they were in. (They have my e-mail address because I received an order confirmation.) I was told that the store tried to call me but had an invalid phone number. On my profile I see that my correct phone number is there. I also signed up to get a text message when they arrived. I did not receive a text. I really wish that I had ordered from a locally owned store!! Even if it cost more it would be worth it. Next time I know where not to buy tires. By the way, still no response from customer care from by e-mail of two days ago.

4. Hi Savvyspender! I am so sorry to hear your order has been delayed. Please check back on this thread shortly for a reply from the SearsCares team. They can look into this for you and do what they can to assist. Thanks!

5. Savvyspend - I would also notify the FTC that Sears are not complying with their requirements. When contacting the issuer of you Mastercard may I suggest that you emphasize that it contrary to the requirements of Mastercard that merchants charge a client before the goods are shipped or the service rendered (except as noted earlier). My own experiences in this regard indicate that some issuers' are not as conversant with this requirement as they might be

6. Sears has not notified me that my that they were unable to ship by promised date. I just have to keep going back to the order status page and see what it says. Which now says next steps will be e-mailed to you on Nov. 21-23rd. It just keeps getting to a later and later date. Still no response from Sears. I can understand why they are losing money. Thank you inquisitivemind. I wil contact Mastercard.