Question

I own a Kenmore Elite front loading washer.Inside the drawer where you add your liquid and or powder detergent. There is a plastic part that you slide to the left for powder and to the right for liquid.I bought a bottle of “White Brite” which is a powder. The instructions say to add to your detergent,I use liquid detergent.My question is,do I move the plastic part to the left for powder or to the right for liquid when using white brite with tide liquid?

Answers

4 answers

1. Hello Rahul60,
    I would like to help you get the correct information about the dispenser on your model washer. There are many different configerations but usually liguid will just run in but the washer will still add water to the slot where the detergent goes anyway. If you reply with the model I will make sure this will happen with your washer or how it will need to be added.Thanks,
    Bill

1. In response to SHC-BillW

Bill,Thanks for responding.the model no.is 110.49962 603.I should note that the first 3 numbers and the last 3 numbers are in smaller print than the middle 5 numbers,(If that means anything). Thank you

2. In response to SHC-BillW

Hi Rahul60,
      Fot you to use the liquid tide and the powder, you will pour in the liguid tide first. It will run out through the slot in the sliding chute gate. Then place the powder into the detergent area with the slide set to powder. The slide does not matter on liguid detergent as there is a slot on the slide and it is not watertight.
      If you have more questions let me know.
      Bill

2. Hi, Rahul60. Welcome to MySears!

I believe an Appliance Expert can help troubleshoot. If you could post your model number, that would be useful for them to pinpoint the exact issue.

Thanks for sharing your question here!

See More