Question

I paid $200 to have my dryer broken!!!

My dryer had a small issue, but it worked. I spent $200 to have a repair man come out and fix the problem. The repair man came yesterday, and left saying the dryer was fixed. I ran one load and the dryer is now broken completely. Looking at the dryer the problem is due to his poor repair. I called service right away, and they said they would send him right back. He never showed, I called service several more times yesterday and today. The say I have to wait 9 days for an appointment. I said that this was too long to have to wait, especially since they broke the dryer. I asked for a refund and was told no since the repair man had come to my house. I just paid $200 to have my dryer broken!!!

Answers

2 answers

1. cspritchard,

We apologize for the trouble you experienced with your dryer repair. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like to contact you to discuss this situation and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer repair was listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (cspritchard) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Welcome, cspritchard! I am so sorry to hear that your dryer was not repaired properly. SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, will be happy to discuss this with you and see if they can expedite your repair.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!