Question

I placed an online order for a battery charger that was on sale and receive order verification. I question about when I can pick it up in the store and today received an email that someone cancelled it and it was out of stock. I had been at the store on Sunday and they had plenty on the shelf. I went in to reorder it and it is more money. I wish you hired people that have people skills. The sales people in the Wilmington sNC store are outstanding. Bill

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

Here's the likely scenario.

Once the Internet order is received and the store pickup option is being processed, someone in Merchandise Pick Up in the store has to verify inventory of the item is present and available for "the pickup".

Tool battery chargers are sold in the Tool Department of the store and fairly easily found and electronically confirmed "ready for pickup".

AUTOMOBILE battery chargers are sold over to the Automotive Center and, most likely, the MPU associate that was confirming merchandise availability did not no this informal bit of inventory stocking and display knowledge.

The next time I'm visiting the store, I can ask how "they" would overcome this inconsistency with Internet to Store Pickup orders.

1. Hello, billh946! My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry for the problems you have encountered with your online order. Having an order canceled is inconvenient enough but having to reorder the item and it being more is beyond frustrating. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone the order was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (billh946) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused you and we thank you for the opportunity to assist in any way we can.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi billh946! Thanks so much for your feedback on this online experience. I am so sorry to hear about your order cancellation and the troubles you have had getting this charger at the promised price. We can have a SearsCares team member look into this for you, if you would like. Please check back on this thread soon for a response. They will do what they can to help.

See More