Question

I purchased A Garden Oasis Vonnegut 7 pc patio in May, 2013. The glass broke, with out anything on the table. The glass measure 3/16″ thick. The glass is supposed to be a minimum 3/8″ as indicate by several glazing manufacturers. Please recall this set or provide new glass that is the appropriate thickness. I did recieve an eye injury, that is very minor, though required treatment at the local ED. My children recieved minor cuts. How do I get a replacement set.

Answers

7 answers

1. Dear Crash1178,

We are very sorry to hear about experience with your patio furniture. We understand the glass broke and you are in need of assistance to have the glass replaced. We are just the team to help address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Crash1178), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,

Dee M.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DeniseM

I just sent you an e-mail.Hope to hear from you soon.

2. Welcome, Crash1178! Thanks for taking the time to post your experience on MySears today. I can only imagine how scary that must have been for you and your family! I am glad to hear there were no serious injuries. I know the SearsCares team will be happy to discuss the issues you have had with that set and do what they can to ensure you are taken care of.

Check back right here in a bit for a reply from a team member. They will reach out shortly to help.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I contacted Numark, they will not replace the glass. The rep was rude and said they would not do anything for me. The warranty does not cover glass. The glass is only 3/16" thick. It needs to be 3/8" min. A table top should not break after three months. Very disappointed that Sears and Numark are not taking responsibility. I am serious about filing a lawsuit. First in small claims, maybe a class action lawsuit.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Crash1178,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. I'm sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. I see you've been working with a case manager. I can assure you he is working diligently towards a resolution. I'll ensure he receives your message and we thank you again for your business as well as giving us the opportunity to make things right.

Thank you,

Brian H.

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

No one has contacted me. This is taking an excessive amount of time to get this resolved. This is frustrating. When will I get a new table. Summer is fast approaching to an end and I would like to dine outside. The time frame I contacted Sears is approaching three weeks with no solution. This method to resolve customer's issues is ridiculous. I will never ever purchase anything from Sears online.
      Very, disappointed. Will contact the local news media discuss the unsafe glass issue along with the documentation the glass is unsafe.

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

Crash1178,

We apologize for the delay in finding a satisfactory to this issue for you. We will forward this to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      Brian S.

See More