Question

I purchased a gas stove from Sears and had it installed yesterday (12-7-13). The installer did not properly install the stove and subsequently there was a propane leak in my house. He returned to “fix” it and succeeded in making more of a mess. When I tried to call Sears back I was given a major runaround, transferred, put on hold and even hung up on. With gas leaking into my home and no help from Sears forthcoming I had no choice but to contact my propane service provider who made an emergency call to my house. In the meantime he urged my family to get out of the house and to call the fire department. As it turns out the installer kinked the copper pipe the first time he installed the stove. The second time he installed a “new” (it looks used) shut off valve behind my stove that leaked. To that end I now have a $300 plus bill from my propane suppler. This bill is the responsibility of Sears as they contracted with the installer, not me. How do I get reimbursed immediately for this? Thank you.

Answers

2 answers

1. kmaub,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. After reading your post, I can definitely see why you would be voicing your concerns here on our site. We would be happy to contact you regarding this installation and assist in resolving the issue as quickly as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (kmaub) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi kmaub!

Thank you for reaching out to us today in the MySears Community!

Your issue is very important to us and we would like to put you in contact with our Sears Cares team for further assistance in discussing this issue. Once a member from our team responds I will be sending an email to help in directing you back to your original thread and contact with our team member.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us on this matter!