Question

I purchased a maytag dishwasher on nov 25 for an excellent price. I asked to have it delivered to a local store. The delivery date kept getting pushed back so I sent a poor review asking why it was going to take 2 months to get my dishwasher. I recieved a reply back now that my order was not processed correctly and hereby cancelled. This person suggests a different washer that while being the same price does not have the stainless tub nor the 10 year warranty of the one I want. The dishwasher I want is still being sold on the website but is now $700. $200 more then what I agreed to. This seems like a classic bait and switch to me. I want what I ordered at the deal we agreed to. Order #428269381

Answers

7 answers

1. I just received this email from Sears customer care.

Good Afternoon Brandon,

Thank you for contacting Sears.com. I am sorry to hear your order got canceled.

However you can go ahead and place a new order. Please click here to see the same item

Sincerely,

Evan.N (sninan)

Sears Customer Care

webcenter@customerservice.sears.com

1-800-366-3028

So apparently the dishwasher I want is definately available but I didn't pay enough. If you follow the link it is currently $629.99 instead of the black friday price of $499.99 Do you do this bait and switch stuff with all your black friday sales??

There is no reason I should be having to call anyone at all over an internet order. The reason I use the internet, is so I don't have to try and hear and understand some person with an accent from India or New York or wherever they are.

What makes me even madder is this is the 2nd time this year a major company has pulled this me on a black friday sale.

1. In response to chevymad

So this morning I get an email saying that Sears will honor the original price however.. I need to order the dishwasher at the current $629.99 price then submit a form to later have that reduced to my original $499.99 price. Sounds dandy except that the original $499 hasn't been refunded yet and I don't have enough available balance to buy another $630 item.

Is it SOOO freaking impossible to correct your own error and uncancel my original order? The email even admitted that Sears saw no reason for my order to be cancelled in the first place.

2. In response to chevymad

Should you trust that you deserve everything you do not get.
      Once Sears gets your money they are very reluctant and tardy in returning it.

3. In response to chevymad

There's no way I'm trusting them with another $630 and then hoping they refund me back to $499. They screwed this up the first time.

I'm still hoping someone there can straighten this out. This doesn't seem like it would even be legal.

2. Hello chevymad,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to hear on the troubles you have experienced with dishwasher purchase. I can see how frustrating it is to have the delivery date pushed back farther than expected. Even more, I understand how disappointing it can be not receive the help you need when you called us for support. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (chevymad) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank, you Liz R. My Sears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Not sure what is going on. Case manager called today and said he'd work on getting my money refunded and then told me he could give me a deal almost as good.. Would contact me again later this week.

Then tonight I get an email saying my dishwasher has arrived and is ready for pickup. This is after several sears employees have told me my order was cancelled. Guess I'll call tomorrow and see if they're open and I can pick it up.

3. Hi chevymad! I am so sorry you are having such a hard time receiving the dishwasher you ordered. Please check back on this thread shortly for a reply from the SearsCares team. They will do what they can to help.