Question

I purchased a power pressure washer, ran it 3 times, stored it for a year and then found that the unit failed. I brought it in for service, was informed that the unit would cost about $90.00 to repair. A week or so later, a service technician called and informed me a part had gone bad, and that the cost would be about $150.00. The next day, I received another call from service department and they stated I needed a new pump assembly and the cost would be about $290.00. I have been a Sears customer for quite awhile – over 40 years and purchase from Sears because they stand behind their merchandise. I mentioned this to service team, and they checked with management to see if they could give me a break due to light use of unit and most likely a defective part. I was informed that management would not provide any discount. I really have to say I am disappointed – now it seems that there is no reason to shop Sears – you get the same treatment as anyplace else, so may as well just go with the lowest cost vendor.

Answers

3 answers

1. Hello gig, we thank you for posting about this situation with your power washer. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. My name is Dianne and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (gig) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We hope to speak with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    MySears Community Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-DianneD

Thanks for getting back to me, I have done as you asked. I will post an update once I hear back from the support team.

2. Hi there, gjg! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry your pressure washer did not properly for you. I would like to get you in touch with the SearsCares team, so they can get this resolved for you and make sure you are taken care of, as such a long time customer.

Please check back right here shortly-a team member will reply reaching out to help.

Thanks!

See More