Question

I purchased a treadmill, which was delivered broken on 7/26. Your delivery people took it away the same day. I never took delivery of the product. It is now day 5 and I can’t get anyone to return my calls or answer my emails. My Sears account has been charged $1144 for merchandise that I don’t have. All I want to do is pay the difference for a better product and I can’t get any help. What has happened to Sears’ customer service?

My order number is 534656762

Answers

14 answers

• San Jose, CA

Go to the Sears store that you purchased the unit from.

They'll take care of the paperwork and show you some nice alternative treadmills on display at the store.

1. It was purchased online.

1. mbrown301, my name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for taking the time to let us know about this situation regarding your treadmill. We understand your frustration in this situation and would like to take the opportunity to have one of our personal case manager’s assist you with this matter. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (mbrown301), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    MySears Community Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-DianneD

Done. Three times already.

2. In response to SHC-DianneD

Well, almost quitting time for you. For me, another day has gone by without resolution. Just more of the same. "Someone will contact you". Thanks. Have a great evening.

3. In response to SHC-DianneD

I am beyond frustrated with the level of customer service that I have received. I cannot believe my very simple issue is taking this long to resolve. You guys need to take a look at Amazon.com's customer service model.

4. In response to SHC-DianneD

I will now focus my efforts on getting a refund. Thanks.

5. In response to SHC-DianneD

Hey mbrown! Hope you were able to speak to someone on the SearsCares team. Keep us posted on the progress of your case!

6. In response to SHC-DianneD

No. I have not been able to speak with anyone.

7. In response to SHC-DianneD

If you paid with a credit card, contact the issuing company and file a charge back. You did not get the merchandise, so there should be no problem getting the credit card company to remove the charges

2. Welcome, mbrown301! I am so sorry to hear you are having a hard time getting a replacement treadmill. A SearsCares team member will be here shortly to help get this resolved for you.

Check back in a bit for a reply. They will do what they can to help!

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

You guys are really good at saying someone will help you. Not so good at actually contacting me.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

I give up. It's time for a refund. All I wanted to do was buy a treadmill. Nothing complicated. Thanks.

3. I really feel like I'm being ignored.