Question

I purchased a vaccumn cleaner with the “help” of an associate in a Sears store. Delivery was promised in 2 weeks. Took 3 weeks. And the vaccumn doesn’t work. Tried to return it but found out I didn’t actually purchase the product from Sears. I purchased it from another company that shows their products on Sears’ website (this is what the sales associate tells me). She gives me the phone number and address of the company. Guess what? They have an answering machine and NEVER call back. So now I’m stuck with a broken $500 vaccumn that I bought in a Sears store, but can’t return. Any suggestions on what I should do now? I am very angry about this situation.

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

How does the vacuum not work?

Any signs of life at all?

Did the vacuum require you do do some assembly?

What is the model number of your vacuum?

Some vacuum cleaners can be repaired by pushing a reset button in their heads.

1. cpamom03,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We're sorry to hear you received a broken vacuum from one of our third party vendors. Putting myself in your shoes, I would not blame you for being upset. We'd like to look into the situation further and see what we can do to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (cpamom03) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi cpamom03! Thanks for visiting the MySears Community today. I am so sorry you have had trouble with your new vacuum. The SearsCares team is here to help you. Check back soon for their reply. They will do what they can to make this right for you.

Thanks!

See More