Question

I purchased an elliptical in April 2013 and after two weeks it was broken. I have had two service techs come out and attempt to fix it to no avail and have been dealing with the store and call center for months for a replacement. Call center promised me a new one and an upgrade for no additional charge but now I am told I have to pay out of pocket $300. The store has not responded to anything and states that the manager is not available. I have just tried to get a simple replacement in August and the call center wants to charge me $69 for a delivery charge. After all the time and energy spent, why do I have to spend extra money for a delivery charge on top of getting the insurance to replace a defective product? I can’t even get a refund since the service techs took over 3 months to do any work. Please respond. Thank you.

Answers

2 answers

1. Ohpaul, I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. We are very sorry to see that you are having such a frustrating experience with your elliptical. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with your replacement. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ohpaul), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi ohpaul! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community! I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with your elliptical. We can have the SearsCares team take a look at these extra charges you are incurring for that replacement.

Please check back here in a bit. A team member will reach out shortly looking to help.

Thanks!