Question

I recently had a professional install of a gas dryer in central NJ that needed to be converted to propane. It is a $229 install. The professional left my house with a gas leak that I was suspicious due to the smell that night but then very concerned the next day. From experience, a gas leak could be a very dangerous situation so I was deciding between the fire dept or gas company. I certainly didin’t trust the original installers to be involved. The gas company confirmed the leak, shut down the gas to my house, fixed it, and then brought all gas appliances back up. I had to pay the gas company for this service. Called Sears to get some type of compensation since their installers are responsible. They told me “NO” since I should have called their customer service department. REAlly?! Is Sears in the emergency services business? Isn’t that a big liability? Why wouldn’t Sears take responsibility and at least reimburse me for the cost to have their major mess up fixed? The total of the install is now more than half the cost of the dryer.

Whirpool Gas Dryer

Answers

2 answers

1. Longweek,

We apologize for the trouble you experienced with your dryer installation. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like the opportunity to have a case manager contact you to discuss this situation and assist in addressing you concerns regarding your installation service. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Longweek) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Longweek,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

We would like to have one of our team members from the Sears Cares team contact you on this issue.

Once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email.

We appreciate you stopping in and sharing your concerns with us in the MySears Community!