Question

• KTJ
    • Plainville, CT

I renewed a extended warranty contract from Sears for s Bosch dishwasher in November, 2013 . At the time of purchase I was offered an for my major protection plac for my refridgator and cooktop puchased from Sears. The items were older and the price was right so I purchased both. Snce that time I had five or six service calls on my dishwasher for a leak, My ceiling is dammaegd. I, m now on mys six service call on my Refreigator,. It is now a safety issue. My leak is going from my kitchen into my finished basement ceilling. The last service call was on Wednesday, by Friday it was leaking again . I was told that I had not had four moving parts repair and until then it could not be replaced. So I have property damage and safety issues and a repair appointment three days away..

Answers

4 answers

1. Dear KTJ,

We are so sorry to hear about the troubles that you are experiencing with your dishwasher. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you in not getting a sooner service schedule appointment. We’d like to help in getting this look into and see what other options are available. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as your screen name to reference this post (KTJ), to smadvisor@searshc.com and will contact you directly. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,

Mina H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. I am sorry for the problems with your dishwasher. What is odd is that the Bosch dishwasher has a base that should hold water if it leaks from the tub. Does water build up in the tray under the dishwasher? Since it is leaking though to the ceiling below I suspect the leak is from the water connection. Has the source of the leak been identified? If the bottom tray fills up with water a flood switch should trigger the drain pump to run. A small leak can be difficult to pin down but from the description you give the leak is not small which should make it easier to locate. I would suggest the dishwasher be pulled out from under the cabinet so a good look can be taken.

• KTJ
        • Plainville, CT

In response to SHC-FredM

It has been pulled out three times. The last service call was last Wednesday. We discovered the link on Friday. The service tech on Wednesday said he used some "gum(?)" to seal the leak

3. Hi KTJ,

We thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Your feedback is very important to us and has been escalated to our Sears Cares team for further attention.

Please know that once one of our team members responds we will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back to your thread for contact.

Thank you!