Question

I returned a Christmas Tree to the Sears store which I purchased on line. I have not received a credit to my Master Card. How long does it take? The tree was returned Jan. 8, 2013.

Answers

6 answers

• San Jose, CA

Was the tree box open in December?

What was "wrong" with the returned tree?

What kind of return paperwork was generated and who did the return?

Was the tree sold in the store or was the online purchase made through a 3rd party "Market Place" merchant?

1. What difference does it make when the box was open!? Plus if a person doesn't like the item they have the right to return it and get their money back!! They already said the tree was purchased online. Do you really think your questions are intelligent? What if the tree box was opened in October or July or May what then!? Good Grief!

• San Jose, CA

Do you take anything for Blood Pressure control?

I would really feel bad if you had an attack while posting back to some of my posts.

Or, would that be to most of my posts?

ALL of my posts?

Any who.

Buying something off of the Internet in the sears market place does NOT mean a store has to accept a return. Most of the time, the vendor selling the merchandise is responsible for returns.

If the return was completed successfully through the store, the posting back to the customer's account is a "bank" function, with the banks not being known for fast service.

A holiday item being returned before the holidays is most likely defective and has hurt someone's ability to enjoy their holiday.

A holiday item being returned "after" a holiday can have the tendency to send up some return signals at a store.

One of the possible signals has the word "Renter" embedded in it. Although no one here is accusing anyone of deceptive practices.

Like all of those air conditioners that get returned after a week or two long heatwave. Most of them are probably defective or the 99 dollar, 5000 BTU ones didn't cool down the customer's WHOLE HOUSE the way they were "supposed to".

Some people don't understand the concept of a ten foot by ten foot enclosed space.

Some times the holiday trees get returned because of the upper and lower portions of the trees are simply not electrically connected to one another.

Sometimes the "needles" are wrong on the trees.

Some trees come with TOO MUCH artificial snow flocking, with others having TOO LITTLE snow on them.

Some trees fail to blink, with the blinking bulb included with the lights - but, not installed by the customer to GET the tree lights to blink.

Having an idea of why something is being returned is the first step in attempting to Save a Sale.

Did you know that not everyone understands a battery powered tool needs its battery charged before it will do a useful amount of work?

Not all of the customers know this.

Questions need to be asked. And, sometimes, the questions might seem to be a little more "simple" than they should be.

First rule of thumb, NEVER assume the returner has read the instructions or has used this type of product before.

Was the machine plugged into the power socket?

Was the socket KNOWN to contain power?

You would be surprised how many sales have been saved by starting the questions at a "basic level".

The point is I am not assuming the USER of a product has training or is knowledgeable about using their new acquisition.

It's many people's first time using most of the returned items and one has to start low enough down on the list of questions to eliminate any false assumptions in diagnosing what may be the problem with their return.

Hope this helps you.

1. LADYH52,

Please accept our apologies for the delay of your refund for the tree. I can understand how disconcerting it is, waiting as long as you have. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. We would like to look into this for you and find a speedy solution to this problem.
    At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number used at the time of purchase (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your (MySears) screen name (LADYH52) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi LADYH52! Sorry to hear your refund is taking a long time to be credited. A SearsCares team member will be happy to look into this for you. Check back soon right here on this thread for a reply from them to help.

3. MasterCard specify how long it should take between the time of a transaction, debit or credit, taking place, and the posting of that transaction to the clients account.
    Should you have any proof of your credit transaction I would file a complaint with your credit card issuer.