Question

I seem to have lint all over my clothes after washing them. I would expect this in my dryer not my washer. How do I fix this problem?

Answers

3 answers

1. Is it always the same color lint? If it is, you might of had something float over the basket and is caught between the basket and tub. Light things like underwear or socks can get caught. Eventually they start breaking down and start making lint.

2. The washer is what creates the lint. The clothes rubbing together during agitation is when the lint is created. The newer front load and high efficentcy top load washers will produce less lint then the older style with a traditional agitation. Be sure to separate the lint producing clothes from the lint collecting clothes. A small load with a high water level and reduced agitation time will help produce less lint. Most clothes today do not need a heavy duty aggitation for 15 minutes. A slower less agressive agitation for 6-8 minutes will produce much less lint. The dryer should catch and remove whatever lint is on the clothes after the wash cycle. Lint will be produced during the wash cycle. There are things to reduce the amount of lint. I hope this helps.

3. Hi sdoser! Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer. That is a strange problem to have! If you could post the model number and brand of washer that can help our Appliance Experts to troubleshoot this issue properly. In the meantime, I am going to send this along to them to see if they can offer up a bit of advice. Check back soon for a reply. Thanks!