Question

I submitted an order for 2 mattresses on Dec 3rd (confirmation #437330442) I have not received them and want to cancel.

I submitted an order for 2 mattresses on Dec 3rd confrimation #437330442 and have been extremely patient to hear from someone on delivery. I have made many calls probably spent at lest 3 hours total on the phone to find out that the entire order was never received from Homedirect to a local distribution company here in Portland. I am currently being charged for an order that I never received. I have called Sears to cancel the order and received an email today that states “Thank you for shopping at Sears.com!

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel the (item) from your order reference number XX. The item is expected to ship on XX/XX/XX. Once the item has shipped, a tracking number will be provided to you within 48 hours. (The XX’s are in the email I did not X ot the information).
Again, I contacted Sears and again feel as if I can not rely on what I am being told. I still have charges on my card and do not have the merchandise, nor the proof of cancellation. I am ready to cancel my card with Sears all together. It has been a really awful experience.

Answers

4 answers

1. trying2be
    I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to hear on the troubles you have encountered with your online order. I can see how frustrating it is to order online and the mattresses have not been received. Even more, I understand how disappointing it can be not receive the help you need when you called us for support. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (trying2be) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank, you Liz R. My Sears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

2. Seeing as you have been charged for merchandise that you have not received, your best move is to dispute the charges with your credit card company.

3. Hi Trying2be,

Thank you for visiting MySears Community.

I am so sorry that you are having these issues with trying to get information on your mattresses and request for cancellation. We understand how frustrating this can be when the appropriate steps have not been handled in a positive manner causing confusion on your end.

In helping you further I am hoping that you check back to this post a little bit later so that we can have a SearsCares team member help you to resolve this issue.

Thank you;)

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

In addition to disputing the charge with the credit card issuer the poster could also file a complaint with the FTC because Sears did not give the poster the chance to cancel the order for a prompt, full refund. The details are in the Government website below:
      http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm