Question

I was gifted a photo package from a friend of mine from the sears portrait studio after the birth of my baby at the end of March. My husband is in the Army and I was waiting for him to come home so we could take a family pic but now the studio is closed. My question is my friend spent a lot of money on this gift and I don’t think it is right that it is not good anymore. Can I bring it in to get a Sears card? They should not have been selling gift certificates when they were going to shut down so quickly that is wrong. What can I do?

What to do with gift certificate

Answers

3 answers

1. Emily79,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We apologize for the unexpected circumstances that obviously have caused you to have a gift certificate that is essentially irredeemable. We'd be happy to speak with you and assist in resolving this situation any way we can. Please send the following information – contact # and screen name (Emily79) to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

• San Jose, CA

Do you believe "Sears" planned on abruptly shutting down ALL of its Portrait Studios, nation wide?

The company that ran and staffed the facilities in Sears, Kmart and Babies R US pulled out, with virtually no warning.

Have you gone to the gift store to request a refund?

2. Hi Emily79,

Thank you for sharing your concerns in the MySears Community!

We understand your concerns and would like to help you further. I have escalated your questions to our SearsCares Team whom can help in resolving your gift certificate issue for you.

If you can please check back periodically, one of our team members will be responding requesting additional information.

Thank you!