Question

I was given a gift certificate for the portrait studio for our baby shower and I see that it has closed as of earlier this year. What should we do? Are the honored elsewhere or will there be a refund issued to the purchaser?

Answers

21 answers

1. lfoster33,

My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We’re sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with you portrait studio gift certificate. I can understand how this situation could be disconcerting for you. We would be happy to have a dedicated case manager contact you to discuss this situation and assist in addressing your concern. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (lfoster33) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

I have sent an email to that email address. Please have someone contact me ASAP on this matter.

2. In response to SHC-DavidW

I am still yet to receive even so much as an acknowledgement of the receipt of my email from smadvisor@searshc.com

Please provide me with a valid point of contact so that I can have this issue resolved in a timely manner

3. In response to SHC-DavidW

Hello, lfoster33! My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. We are very sorry to see that you are having such a difficult time receiving a response regarding your gift certificate. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking to you. Thank you, Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

4. In response to SHC-DavidW

Liz, please forward me a valid phone number or email address for this escalation team. It is now over 48 hours and I'm getting generic copy and paste replies. This is completely unacceptable customer service, especially for something that you consider escalated.

2. Hi lfoster33! Welcome to MySears! Unfortunately, CPI Corp, Sears Portrait Studios operator, closed all U.S. stores earlier this year. We can get you in touch with the SearsCares team, though! They will be able to discuss your options with you on a refund.

Once they reply right here, I will be sure to let you know so you can directly connect with them.

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Is there a phone number or email where I can reach them? It's very unfortunate that the company never took the initiative and reached out to those with outstanding certificates to let them know of this change and extend refunds rather than waiting for someone to ask for their money back.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

A team member will respond in a bit with their email information.

Hang tight! I will contact you once they respond. Thanks for your patience!

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Do you have a time frame as it has now been several hours since your reply and almost 24 hours since my initial email.

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

Yep! They replied just above after 9 this morning. You can connect with the team at the email provided in David's comment.

Thanks!

5. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi SHC-JulieK,

I also bought a "portrait voucher" for my daughter for her baby shower (my first grand-daughter). Since there was no expiration date on the certificate, my daughter waited a couple months to use it, which is when she found out fast there was no more "Sears Portrait Studio".

Is it possible to get a monetary refund or other gift certificate to take its place, and make good on my gift to my daughter?

Thanks for any help.

6. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks for reaching out, tattoohead! I can forward this along to the SearsCares team for you. They will be able to help with a refund.

A team member will reply right here soon. Once they do, I will contact you via email to let you know so you can directly connect with them.

Thanks again!

7. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate you responding so quickly.

I will hang tight. Thank you.

8. In response to SHC-JulieK

Tattoohead, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We apologize for the troubles you and your daughter have experienced with the closing of our Portrait Studios. We can truly understand your frustrations with not being able to use the certificate. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss this matter and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (tattoohead), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to speaking to you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

9. In response to SHC-JulieK

Liz, an email with the info you requested sent just now.

Thanks.

--Jack

10. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello?!

I sent the email a week ago. That should be plenty of time to shoot me out an answer. Please get back to me so I know I'm still being taken care of.

11. In response to SHC-JulieK

Never received an email...not even a reply to the one I sent Liz.

12. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi tattoohead,

We appreciate you providing us an update. I have forwarded your response to our Sears Cares team to let them know of your status.

Thank you!

13. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear tattoohead,

Thank you for letting us know of this situation. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’re sorry that you haven’t had a response as of yet. Our research did not indicate that we received your information, and for that we apologize. We’d like to talk to you, and provide you with our assistance in reference to problems encountered with the Sears Portrait voucher. Please re-send the following information – contact #, screen name (tattoohead), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Sorry for the additional inconveniences. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.

14. In response to SHC-JulieK

Another email sent today 10-8-2013

15. In response to SHC-JulieK

tattoohead,

We see that you've been in contact with your case manager. We're glad we were able to reach you.

Thank you,

Brian H.