Question

I was ripped off on a sears.com order in December. After spending hours and hours on calls to these people, and going around in circles with all of these sears employees who refused to help, and insisted on telling me all about the company policies, I finally received a refund for the order that was never sent to me. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to use a gift card on part of this order, so I was not able to dispute that with my credit card company. In February I was sent a $25 gift card as part of my refund. Today, after investing more time and mileage, I went to use this card at a kmart store, only to be told the card was never even activated. The store manager refused to do anything because the problem was a sears.com deal. What an incredible waste of my time. It’s hard to believe that this organization wanted to lose a customer FOR LIFE over $28.33. I guess that says a lot about sears. How terribly sad. You owe me $25. Actually, a lot more considering the waste of my time, and the stress and frustration you have caused. How are you going to resolve this problem now?

This was order number 438660403. You have lots of notes in this file, although not all of the hours and hours of my calls are documented.

Answers

3 answers

1. Hello, Former_SYWR_member! My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a disappointing experience with your online order. It is frustrating enough to encounter any trouble with your order, much less to receive a gift card that was not activated properly. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Former_SYWR_member), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

• San Jose, CA

That is quite a preamble to your question. What were you buying, that went so wrong?

2. Hi Former_SYWR_member,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

That is not good! We appreciate you coming in and posting your experience with us. We value our members thoughts and I am extremely saddened that you had to go through such an ordeal to get your refund.

My hope is that we can help in resolving this gift card issue for you with one of Sears Cares Team members. I completely understand why you are so frustrated especially in waiting this long and to have your Gift card not work upon using it.

We have a great team who will assist to the best of their abilities in getting this resolved for you. I know that there is not much more I can say to make this better, but we would like to try and help in anyway that we can.

If you can please check back periodically for our Sears Cares team member will post a response to you in how they can help you further.

Thank you!

See More