Question

I was told that I would be contacted about my dryer installation damage claim within 3 business days. It has been six business days and counting. Stephen **** and Joan ****. Email ****@ge*****.edu

I bought a dryer from sears. The sears installer, Quality Kitchens and Appliances in DC area, moved the washer when they were installing the dryer. When moving the washer they damaged two walls and damaged the bottom of the washer causing a leak into my carpet. I immediately contacted Sears. After ignoring me and sears for over a week the subcontractor came back out to examine the problem. Though admitting that the washer was not leaking before they moved it, they claim that they hooked up the washer lines correctly so the leak is my problem, ignoring the possibility that they damaged the washer when they moved it. I submitted a damage claim to sears. I was told that I would be contacted within 3 business days. it has been six and counting without any contact from sears and my carpet is starting to mildew. My walls are still damaged.

Answers

3 answers

1. Dear skingjyengo2,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the experience encountered with the installation and for the level of customer service received when you reached out for assistance. We’d like to talk to you and have one of our dedicated case manager contact you to address and ensure proper resolution to your concern. Rests assure that our goal is to make sure that our customers are taken care of in a timely manner and we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you're taken care of. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (skingjyengo2), your phone # used at time of purchase, and case number to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-EdwinC

Phone: 2** 3*8-**** or 202 2*3-****.
      Screen Name: sjkingjyengo2
      I have had several case numbers the most recent with Jamie *****:1629099 and with Robert Z: 50920
      Stephen **** and Joan ****

2. Hi there, skingjyengo2! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today. I am so sorry to hear your dryer installation did not go well, and that you have not been contacted regarding your claim. We can get you in touch with the SearsCares team who will be happy to follow up on this for you.

Please check back here in a bit. A team member will respond to assist shortly.