Question

I will never shop at sears again

We bought a Panasonic Plasma TV 2 years ago. It died 2 weekends ago. We bought the master protection agreement so I called and was given the run around the entire weekend. I was finally told to call back Monday at 11am my time because there were no techs in and they couldn’t do anything until then. I called got the part ordered at which time I asked you can do that from over the phone? They said yes that the TV have codes on them now and they fix it right all the time. I was then given a repair date of may 7th which was close to 4 weeks with a broken tv and to call back when the part arrived that they might have a cancellation. A week went by and I didn’t get the part. I called and found that the order had been canceled. They reordered the part. I went home that day and it was at my door.. Repair guy comes in and places part in tv turns it on and says its fixed and leaves. I get home and the TV has one small black and one huge black horizontal bar across the screen. I call again and there is no apology just straight poor customer service and the next appt is you guessed it a month out.

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

So. Whatever is wrong with the TV involves the set being left on and "heating up" for some time.

An intermittent problem. A hard problem to track, unless the set is sitting in a shop somewhere, where it can be monitored, while the set is slowly warming up.

Good luck with the house call service. Those folks don't have the luxury of a service workbench to put a set on, and the time to wait to see what fails - over time inside of the set.

You may wish to see if the set can be dropped off at the nearest store and sent to a repair depot, where they have more opportunity to spend "quality diagnostic time" with your set.

Good luck.

1. Hello Raiu!
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a terrible experience with the repair of you television. It is frustrating enough to encounter any trouble with your plasma television, much less having the item repaired with replacement parts and it is not working properly. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Raiu), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Raiu,

Welcome to the MySears Community and sharing with us your feedback on the repair of your TV.

I am sorry to hear that this issue was not fixed with the replacement part and that it is still having issues. We apologize for the service that was received as well as having to wait another month for this issue to get fixed.

Please keep us posted on the next repair and let us know if the issue gets resolved.

Thank you!