Question

I winterized my Craftsman rotary lawnmower once again then started it to use up the remaining gas. It ran for @ 5 minutes then stopped with gas still in the tank. That was 2 days ago and have not been able to start it since. I even switched back to the old spark plug. There doesn’t seem to be any resistence when I pushed the primer button. Any help will be appreciated.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hey there, jjrusnak5121! Welcome to MySears! Thanks so much for posting your question today. I am sure one of our Lawn and Garden Experts can help troubleshoot this for you. If you could also share your model number with us, I think that will help them to give the most accurate answer.

An Expert will be by shortly with a response. I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread so you can view the reply.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks for the information regarding your lawn mower, I will be glad to assist you. Based on your description of the engine cutting off with gas still left in the tank I would suggest that you check for blocked fuel lines from the tank to the primer bulb. Try draining the tank and flushing it out as well as the feeder tubing to the primer and carburetor. If this fails you may have to remove and clean the carburetor. Also be sure that the kill switch has not been activated.
      Thanks Ron H.

See More