Question

I would like to know how to go about getting my toolbox fixed? Bottom Drawer in top part of my Craftsman Box is broken and will not slide properly. Thanks

Answers

4 answers

1. How old is this product? Does it say "Craftsman Professional" or just "Craftsman?" What is the model number? The answer to your question depends upon the answers to these questions.

2. Perhaps a bit more information about what part appears to be broken and whether the drawer mechanism is compound-action or ball-bearing. Observing how the drawer slide mechanism works on another drawer may help determine what is bent, broken or missing. If you can remove the defective part, one should be able to figure out how to reinstall the replacement part. Individual drawer removal is relatively simple and is described in the tool cabinet manual and generally involves two plastic tabs.

• San Jose, CA

Sears sells parts, via its Sears Parts Direct.com site, using the long model number of the item being repaired to look up the item's list of parts and a diagram showing how all the parts "fit together", the various parts availability, and individual price of parts.

Be advised that tool drawers have separate "left" and "right" slider assemblies being sold.

Good luck.

• San Jose, CA

What's the model number, found on the right inside wall, of your right most top drawer, of your storage unit?

See More