Question

I would like to see a sears employee live without a refrigerator for two months!

I am the proud owner of a sears master protection agreement and a broken fridge. It has been deemed unrepairable and sears was kind in ordering me a new fridge. Great, right? I thought so. Until they notified me that it is delayed until end of november (after thanksgiving) and they will not cover a rental in the meantime. While i have dealt with some exceptionally dedicated employees at sears…the company policies are ridiculous and are not with the customer’s best interest in mind. I, for one, am furious.

Answers

7 answers

1. Dear Sabramom,

We appreciate you taking the effort to inform us of this situation. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’re sorry to hear about your replacement refrigerator being delayed. We’d like to assist you in this matter and have one of our dedicated case manager contact you with any available options to make sure this issue is resolved in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Sabramom), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Sabramom! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting feedback on our community today. I am sorry to hear you have to wait a long time to get a new fridge. I can get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, if you would like to discuss this further.

A team member will reply right here in a bit. Once they do, I will reach out via email to let you know.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi Sabramom, I'm another "lucky" Sears customer with broken appliance(for 1 month so far). Did you ever consider legal action for breach of contract? Please post if you have any luck with your fridge replacement.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi S.B,
      My story is too long to write here. Essentially, the past 6 months have been one appt after another to repair my fridge. Thousands of dollars in food loss and many days off from work. Finally, sears decided i have suffered enough and ordered me a new fridge (ive had a rental for a month) fridge was to arrive last week and ofcourse it did not. Sears says it is now delayed until nov 29th and they cannot cover my rental. I suppose it is MY fault that they never delivered the fridge. Legal action? I need food in my house...i have four kids. I just need a fridge. This is crazy.

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi S.B.! I sent your update from your original thread on to your case manager. Look to hear from someone soon.

Thanks!

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

Sabramom,
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We apologize for the troubles you have encountered with your refrigerator replacement. We certainly understand your frustrations with the delivery of your refrigerator being delayed. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (sabramom), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com to ensure this matter is met to your satisfaction. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.

5. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear S.B.

We appreciate you letting us know about this situation. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’re sorry for the troubles also with your appliance. We’d like to help in any way we can to make sure you’re taken care of in a timely manner. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (S.B.), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.