Question

il loss food in my freezer 2 month after purchase the freezer and because they did not put a part in the freeezer and have to replace the freezer they will not replace my food that i lose what can i do about it

Answers

4 answers

1. Hello, 61Harris! My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a frustrating experience with your freezer. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset that your freezer stopped working properly after two months. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your issue and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (61Harris), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Manufacturer warranties only functional defects (parts and labor, or replacement of product). Incidental damages, including (but not limited to) food loss, are not covered by manufacturer warranties. This is the same regardless of brand, model, or retailer.

The Master Protection Agreement, available when purchasing appliances, covers up to $250 in food loss due to functional failure resulting from defect, normal wear and tear, or power surge damage (refrigerators and freezers).

If you have a Master Protection Agreement on your freezer, take an inventory of the food you've lost and contact 800 469 4663. They will be able to help you with this issue.

1. In response to BlueCrewGuyInMA

That should be, "only cover functional defects." :)

3. Hi there 61harris! I am sorry to hear you had troubles with your freezer so soon after purchase. The SearsCares team will be happy to discuss the issues you had and see about any credit for food loss. Check back on this thread for a reply soon. They will do what they can to help. Thanks!

See More