Question

I’m having a problem with order # 503769766 and need assistance to make the order complete.

I have been working since May 28th trying to get part # 71-24586 which was supposed to come with this tractor. I have been dealing with the delivery group on this issue. Today they shifted me to the parts direct group to order this item since they said after a month that it was not a part they could order. The parts direct folks placed the order but charged me for the hitch. They said I could not cancel the order and the Sears .com group would have to reimburse the cost of the hitch to me. I have been trying to get a complete tractor for a month at this point a Sears is now wanting to say I am past my return date if I choose to do that if the hitch is not corrected. I have yet to receive a complete order as of this date. Any help on a reimbursement of the hitch cost would be appreciated. My parts direct order is F420090. Thanks for your time on this issue.

Answers

5 answers

• San Jose, CA

I found the garden tractor accessories section on the Sears.com site.

Here tis: http://www.sears.com/search=garden+tractor+attachments?vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&autoRedirect=true&viewItems=50&redirectType=CAT_REC_PRED

• San Jose, CA

Are you assuming a sleeve hitch was a free accessory that comes with a Craftsman Garden tractor?

Without being able to look up your order number, I can state that the sleeve hitches have historically been an accessory for someone owning a Garden Tractor, that wants to be able to tow "Ground engaging" accessories, like a disc harrow.

The sleeve needs to be installed onto the tractor's rear bumper to pull accessories that require greater attachment strength than a standard single hole shelf that comes with the Lawn, Yard and Garden tractors.

This is similar to the tractors that didn't come with front bumpers. There is a choice of several sizes and finishes of bumpers for the Craftsman tractors.

Most tractors do very well with some form of front bumper being installed on them.

One of the reasons to purchase a Garden tractor is to move material, which the sleeve hitch is used to accomplish the greater pulling load than the standard sheet-metal based hitch.

Hopefully, your sleeve hitch has arrived by now and you're busy moving dirt around with your new tractor.

• San Jose, CA

Sleeve hitches are required to use a Garden Tractor with a ground engaging accessory.

The hitches are not required for non-ground engaging accessories, like trailers.

The sleeve hitch has been a necessary accessory, much like some form of front bumper for a Garden tractor, for some time.

Hopefully, your sleeve hitch will arrive shortly, for a one time installation.

What kind of accessory will the hitch be pulling?

1. Dear sidsears;
    We sincerely apologize for the ongoing issues with your new tractor and hitch. We do value your feedback and would like an opportunity to discuss your concerns with one of our dedicated case managers in our executive office. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be disappointed by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the tractor and hitch was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (sidsears) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you,

Christine R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi sidsears,

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with getting your part and reimbursment.

I have escalated your concerns to one of our SearsCares team members for further assistance. They will be able to help you further in getting this straightened out for you. A case manager will be assigned so that you will only be dealing with one person in getting your order resolved.

Please check back periodically for one of team members to respond for they will be requesting additional information so that they can help you further.

Thank you!

See More