Question

I’m having a very difficult time getting a riding mower engine replaced. The warranty department can’t find anyone to come install the engine we’ve had sitting in our carport for weeks now.

We purchased the mower on 5/26/13. After it stopped working in September, we found out there was an engine recall on the Briggs and Stratton engine. Started the warranty engine replacement process but didn’t recieve the new engine until January due to address mistakes and weather delays. Third party provider has scheduled and not shown multiple times. We refuse to work with them and now the dispatcher can’t find another provider to install the engine.

Answers

3 answers

1. Hello WantMyMower,

Thanks for taking the time to post and share about your riding mower issue. We certainly want to do everything we can to make sure this issue with the installation of your motor is taken care of. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’ll be happy to get you in touch with a case manager who’ll be able to look into this and assist you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (WantMyMower) phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi WantmyMower, You do seem to be having some trouble so I would suggest you call Repair at 1-800-424-2047 and establish a service date from Sears and if the tractor or mower was purchased from Sears the problem the problem may get solved at that time. Please keep me posted on the status of your problem.

3. Welcome to MySears, WantMyMower! Thanks sharing this concern regarding your engine replacement with us. I am sure the SearsCares team will be able to get that appointment scheduled for you.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. As soon as that response is posted, I will send you an email to let you know.

Keep us in the loop on the repair!

Thanks!