Question

I’m having problems with my 2006 he4 kenmore dryer i tried to turn it on all i get is 3 beeps but it will not start can you help?

Answers

7 answers

1. Hello fryguy14, I'm sorry you are having this problem with the dryer. Make sure that the dryer door is properly closed. A problem with the door switch could be causing this failure. The door switch harness connection can be disconnected from the door switch harness. The door switch can be tested with an Ohm meter after disconnecting the door switch harness connection. You can access the door switch connection after removing the top panel. There are a couple of screws located at the back of the main top to remove. Slide the top back and lift it off. The lid switch harness is located along the top of the left side panel which leads to the door switch. Continuity should be measured with the Ohm meter when connecting the two Ohm meter leads across the blue and white wires when the door is shut. If it does not measure continuity, replace the door switch. NOTE: Disconnect the power cord from the power source before removing the top panel. If you do not feel confident making this check, I recommend calling for service and have a technician make this check. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.

1. In response to SHC-ScottD

It is the door switch because there is not continuity between the white and blue wires. how hard is it replace the door switch and what part or part number would i need to buy?

2. In response to SHC-ScottD

The door switch is not difficult to replace. If you have made the resistance check, then you already have access, to the switch harness. Now, to replace the switch, it will pry out. You can use a small screwdriver to pry the switch out. The new switch # W10318609 will come complete with the harness and it will push back in place. I hope this will help you.

3. In response to SHC-ScottD

Thank you so much. This really helped.

2. Hi fryguy14!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We would be happy to have one of our Sears Appliance Experts help if providing some trouble shooting tips for you to try. Do you by chance know the model number to this appliance? This might be helpful to our Experts in providing detailed information for this unit.

Once one of your Experts responds we will be reaching out via email providing a link back to your inquiry.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Model- 110.85862401
      Ser- MT3718848
      Type- DADT-ELE-2406028-EL54

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Great! Your information has been forwarded to our Experts.

Thank you for providing!

See More