Question

In the spring of this year I purchased a battery powered weed trimmer as a promotion with my new lawn mower, order #478333421. First problem, the lawn mower had to be returned cause the motor wouldn’t start. Now I have this problem, the trimmer won’t start even with a fresh battery.

Answers

2 answers

1. ed_joy,

I am sorry you are having a problem with the trimmer. If the trimmer will not turn on, I recommend checking the battery first. Make sure it fully charged and it is properly installed. You probably are already doing this but I have to mention it. If this does not cure the problem, the trimmer has an internal problem. Depending on the model you have, the unit may still be under warranty. I recommend checking the warranty posted in the manual. If it is still under warranty, I recommend taking the unit back to your local Sears store. They will be able to send it in for repair or replace it. If it is no longer under warranty, please reply with the model number. I will be happy to give you repair advice and part availability.

Thank you,
    Mark

2. Hi ed_joy! Welcome to MySears! Sorry to hear your trimmer isn't working properly. I am going to send this along to the Lawn and Garden Experts who visit here regularly to offer advice to our members on these kinds of issues. Can you let us know the model number of that trimmer, too? That will be helpful to them to accurately answer.

I will reach out to you via email once they respond in a bit.

Thanks!

See More