Question

Incorrect item received and unacceptable customer service in resolving my issue.

I ordered and received a set of wrenches last week.
Upon inspecting the wrenches I noticed that an incorrect size had been packed in the set. Straight away I contacted customer services via Email to inform them of the issue. I even provided them with photographic evidence of the mistake.
The following day I received a response. It stated that it was not possible for Sears to supply with the individual correct size wrench for my set and that I would have to ship the whole set back and accept a refund. This I found unacceptable and difficult to believe, as I had a similar incident happen a few months ago where Sears were more than willing to send me the correct missing item from my purchased set. I even sent customer services evidence of this also. I received the exact same response once more. Not content with the response I sent yet another two Emails, to which I have received no response or acknowledgement to whatsoever.
As you can imagine I am very dissapointed at the lack of assistance I have recieved in resolving my problem.

Answers

4 answers

1. Well, almost 4 weeks on since my initial complaint to Sears, and being assigned my own dedicated case manager, and....it still has not been resolved to my satisfaction. In fact I have sent 3 Emails to my case manager over the past week and have not received one acknowledgement or response from him after being promised an E Gift Card, which I begrudgingly accepted as Sears are not willing to send me my missing item, for my inconvenience and less than satisfactory customer service. I don't think requesting the item which was missing from my set is unreasonable do you?
    My case managers attitude has been...all Sears can offer you is an E Gift Card. Take it or leave it. I have been going around circles with him. Also, the value of the E Gift Card was insulting, initially, and would not even have covered the cost of my missing item.
    Sears have now had more than sufficient time to resolve my issue and still have not. This has been the last order I will ever place with Sears, you have lost a loyal customer. I will also strongly discourage anyone thinking of buying goods from Sears not to and make them aware of my experience.

• San Jose, CA

In response to Master_tech

Is your order of tools sold in sears stores, available for store pickup?

Are you located close to a sears store?

You may find more immediate help, talking face to face with a tool person sales person or manager.

What is the model number of the tool set you ordered and which size wrench is "missing"?

2. Master_tech, I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to see that you had such a negative experience with your wrenches. I can truly understand your frustration of being shipped the incorrect size, much less, receiving poor customer service when you contacted us. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. . Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Master_tech), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi Master_tech! Welcome to MySears! We appreciate you giving us such a detailed account of your experience. I am so sorry you have not been able to receive the correct size of wrenches. I am sure our SearsCares team can get this resolved for you. Please check back on this thread in a bit for a team member looking to help.

Thanks!

See More