Question

Is MPA a joke? I noticed my Samsung refrigerator freezer side is not making ice ( ice melts to water) , and also building up moisture in the freezer side. I use internet to schedule appointment and received a computer message to contact customer service. I called the number and customer service rep. gave me an appointment for Aug 6th. It is two weeks away from my initial request(July 26). I checked again the website for faster response and noticed that if I pay $65.00 service charge you get appointment on July 31st. What a rip off? I paid 3 year maintenance contact for peace of mind and sears is ripping me off. If water leaks in the kitchen it will damage the wood floor also. Why your sales people want us to buy MPA if you cannot protect the customers in a reasonable time frame?

Answers

4 answers

1. Sears has your money and apparently has no reason to provide the service you paid for in a prompt manner. They seem to think that a 2 week wait for the initial service visit (and then another delay if parts have to be ordered) and another 2 week delay for an appointment to install those parts, is just fine and dandy. It is more profitable to have the customer suffer than it is to have enough technicians available to provide the service

• San Jose, CA

Your first step is to TURN OFF the water going to your freezer, so the machine will not ruin your floors.

The Appliance Technician will be able to diagnose what is causing your freezer to not "freeze" water.

Once the problem is solved and any new parts have been installed, you can then turn back on the water, without the danger to your floors.

A two week wait is a pretty common Service statistic, with a rush fee for faster service.

The MPA should cover the cost of the service and PARTS cost, which is a good agreement to have.

You might want to check all of your fridge's vent holes to make sure no large containers are blocking the flow of cool air between your freezer and fridge sides of your machine.

Good luck.

2. 646Dallas, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a frustrating experience with your refrigerator. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with getting your refrigerator repaired. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (646Dallas), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi 646Dallas,

We are extremely sorry to hear that you are having issues with getting your Samsung refrigerator repaired as well as conflicting information for service and charges.

To help in getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares Team. They will do what they can to make this right for you.

Please check back periodically for a response from our Team.

Thank you!